GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:33:57 EST
KB,
Don't waste your precious resources on a philistine hanger-on like Musa Jeng.
The fact that he can utter such garbage unwittingly and not surfacing to
retract it tells you a lot about his calibre. The guy is simply a verminous
wimp without the courage to be himself. A treacherous loser slavishly living
off the trickling of ordure from friends who worked their socks off to get
better. I could have gone after his pants knowing fully well what he is up to
in the States and his affliction with conflict of loyalties. But i have vowed
not to turn this List into a laundrette to launder private linen that has no
bearing whatsoever to my political agenda - which i have spelt out very
clearly. Besides an irritating twerp like Jeng is to be ignored and quashed
at the appropriate time. Until then, let him continue making a fumbling fool
of himself.
I noticed also their obsession with my choice of words - deliberating taking
up a line from Halifa himself. Somehow, people like Halifa can't get over the
fact that other Gambians can express themselves eloquoently. Last time i saw
him put on this old hat was when Cherno Baba Jallow gave him a good ride for
his money way back in 1999. He accused the gentleman of sleeping with a
dictionary! Goes to show the extent to which he disregards others of potent.
The man's self-importance, arrogance, self-righteous, pretense at perfection
in knowledge and snooty elitism can never be catalogued in a one volume
biography. I  see they've refrained from their attacks on the mov't and the
London Meetings. Well, at least everyone is seeing for themselves that they
bear a grudge for not pioneering this meeting and only out to obfuscate
issues. Check this out: Everyone year, PDOIS is invited by the Labour Party
to their conference here in the UK. What is the purpose of their attending
these conferences? Free wine and dine? Brush with the rich and famous? At any
rate they expect to forge link with orgs who have similar
ambitions/objectives and if need be cooperate. Was this not what we were
trying to do on the 28th of February at the House of Commons??? As Barrow
intimated, personalities that attended the meeting shouldn't have been the
issue but what could have been achieved there to complement their efforts on
the ground. At any rate, they [PDOIS] have nothing to show for the positions
they have adopted since April 10, 2000. And they self-contradictions they
engage in will always beat me, somehow. I saw a posting [no news there we
already handled that in January when Ebrima forwarded the 2001 Budget Speech]
of theirs which tells us that infact Gambia is an HIPC and heavily dependent
on int'l compassion to function as a State. Now, what should be so wrong in
calling for such int'l compassion to act within the imperium of good
governance and democratic pluralism, or else the regime forfeits any claims
to eligibility to the compassion extended to HIPCs? But such basic logic is
too much to ask of these people. I noticed now that they have dropped the
derogatory term "refugees" to describe members of the mov't. Our attack was
not in vain then. I will lie low for now and see what comes up again.
Brother, this new outbreak of programmed fanatic virus has a twist to it: The
mission is to act as agent provocateurs and turn Dampha, Hamjatta and their
compatriots into the issues. We must not fall for it. Lets keep our eyes on
that big prize. In the event, between you, i and our compatriots, we have
acted as a decent fulcrum between the passive and the visionless in the
struggle again Jammeh. And have something credible to show for it. This is
what is grinding them inside to the effect that Jeng and CO can be so
uncultured and loutish in their mails. Brother everything we spoke out
against has not been in vain. Let that comfort you and know we are making
great strides in the struggle. They will make all sorts of tacky attempts to
personalise and or trivialise issues by turning against our persons instead
of the issues we raise. In the very end, they shall fail. Some of these
characters are looking for their 1/2 miliseconds of fame online. Good luck to
them. I won't even acknowledge their presence by engaging them in their silly
fisticuffs bereft of commonsense or basic logic. For now at least, lets
ignore dim-wits like Jeng. I hope his children - if he has any - know what
their daddy is doing online.

Hamjatta - Kanteh