GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 17:47:17 -0000
Gambia-L: (Writing in hurry)

A short while ago, one of my unimpeachable sources in The Gambia called to
inform me that UN Security Council has just passed a resolution, banning
Senior Liberian Government officials, including President Charles Taylor,
from travelling abroad.

And the resolution, my source went on, includes Gambian names but with
Liberian citizenship as well. According to him, Baba Jobe is among those
Liberian/Gambian nationals banned from travelling overseas. My source has
got a copy of the resolution and intends to send it later, for further
details.

According to Paragraph 7 of the UN resolution, whose number I do not have,
those Liberian/Gambian nationals banned include:

1. Ebrahim Baldeh, RUF Commander

2. Baba Jobe, Arms Trafficker and Director of The Gambia Millenium Airline

3. Lt General Momo Gibba, Senior ADC to Charles Taylor and Battalion
Commander of Anti Terrorist Unit

4. Fafani Camara, Deputy Minister for National Security, Liberia

5. Musa Ceesay, Chief of presidential Protocol, Liberia

Part of the UN resolution reads: "That the Security Council decides that all
states shall take necessary measures to prevent the entry into or transit
through their territories of senior members of the Government of Liberia and
its armed forces and their spouses and any other individuals providing
financial and military support to armed rebel groups in Liberia, in
particular the RUF".........

Katim, may be if you check the UN web page, the Resolution could be there.

Regards,
Ebrima Ceesay