GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 08:22:52 -0500
Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh,
  It seems I can only surmise from what wrote that it doesn't hurt us an
iota to continue sending in our contributions while negotiations are under-
way and should the need for funding comes in the nick of time, we wouldn't
find ourselves *squandering. Well, this is a thoughtful summation and a
step in the right direction. It's always a good thing to have a plan B.
Let's keep working on the modalities and open the line of communication so
that we can better come up with a more amicable compromise. I am very open-
minded and will continue to be tolerant of other peoples' viewpoints but I
will not acquiesce to any idiosyncrasies and allow fence-sitters to try to
put my priorities in perspective for me. I refused to be hoodwinked by
those who can't support their arguments for fair of retribution. That is
not the type of tolerance I meant to say. I have a low or no tolerance
whatsoever for those sitting on the fence.  They are most catastrophic
since you can't predict their surreptitious actions. Atleast you know
where your enemy stand, thus my lack of tolerance.

Mr MLJ Conteh, I have no further comment but when I do, I will not be
demoralized by fence-sitters to add my burai ak butut on this crucial
juncture in our political history. 'Insallah', brother Sambou shall
receive my generous contribution in good faith and I will be anonymous in
doing so. Thanks for your wisdom and for shedding some light on this
besetting dillemma of mine. You make sure you have a great day sir.

                                              Naphiyo,
                                              Mr Makaveli.

NB: *squandering using Merriam-Webster's 3rd definition : to lose (as an
advantage or opportunity) through negligence or inaction