GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 18:28:49 PDT
Gambia-L:

My source is at it again (laugh). Anyway, the e-mail below, on the sackings
at the Ministry for Lands and Local Governmnet, is from one of my sources.

Ebrima Ceesay

Ebrima,

Lamin Bajo (SoS for Local Govt.), Badara Joof (Permanent. Sectretary.),
Sutay Sagnia(D.P.S) and Daha Jack(Director, Lands) were fired this morning
reportedly over land allocated to TAF Construction near the Independence
Stadium. Daha Jack had already put in for his retirement but fired anyway.

The site in question is under preparation for the construction of houses for
sale by TAF. If you will
recall, these were the same houses being advertised
on the Internet and also the subject of TAF's recent
America and European tours. Guess how many of us are
left in the civil service? We are an endangered
species my bro.