GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Basiru Ndow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 10:08:22 -0700
Mr Owens,
   The voter registration process is from the 21st of May to 30th of June,
so what difference does it make if the UDP delegation is to come sometime in
late June when the process is still on? This does not make any sense to me,
the ALD is just a weekend program and if they are really interested in
coming that should not be an excuse. After all, what can they do to stop
Jammeh from rigging the voter registration?  Absolutely nada, Jammeh
appoints the IEC and tells them exactly what to do, see some of us are out
of touch with the reality back home.
At the London meeting, the UDP sent a Rep, why can’t they do the same or
should I assume that they are just interested in coming late June and raise
money to run their campaign.  Karamba gave the same kind of phony excuse for
UDP’s failure to be online (G-L) and debate the issues affecting our nation
yet you can still find them in chat rooms, Hmmm.
The road to build a better Gambia and remove Jammeh is not an easy task and
if some us think that we can use this hypocrisy game and succeed then we are
fooling none but ourselves.

Thanks
Bass Ndow