GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 17:38:54 +0000
Haruna, I wish you success in this effort, but please count me out as a
collector.  So, folks, please do not send your monies to me regarding
"CANDLE-LIGHT VIGIL FOR JUSTICE IN GAMBIA".  Thanks for your understanding.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou

>From: Kebba Foon <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: [Fwd: [>-<] FRIENDS, GAMBIANS, COUNTRYMEN. Lend me your ears!!!]
>Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 07:03:52 +0000
>

> > From: "Haruna" <[log in to unmask]>
> > Date: 2003/12/28 Sun AM 05:06:49 GMT
> > To: <[log in to unmask]>
> > Subject: [>-<] FRIENDS, GAMBIANS, COUNTRYMEN. Lend me your ears!!!
> >
> > [ This e-mail is posted to Gambia|Post e-Gathering by "Haruna"
> >

> > "What can we(good citizens) do to put an end to this madness? Something
> > has to give ladies and gents. Something has to give!(and I mean serious
> > actions, NOT some nostalgic poem; nothing against you poets:)"
> > George Sarr.
> >
> > Someone please forward this to Gambia-L.
> >
> > I have come to you for Justice' sakes, not as balladeer.
> >
> > Our Country has been teetering on the edge of lawlessness and reckless
> > abandon of due diligence on the part of our President. He has sanctioned
> > the brutal massacre of our students, he has given blessing to the wanton
> > abduction and murder of our fellow citizens, he has stacked the decks of
> > justice giving way to foreign, unconcerned judges as custodians of our
> > laws  and common constitution. His erstwhile plan of carving out a
> > Gamsamance  from Senegal and Gambia has gone awry. He has no hope for
>the
> > future and he  is riddled with crime and accessory thereto.
> >
> > Can such a man be entrusted with our very lives? Can such a man be a
> > source  of upliftment and progress in our country. Will such a man
>honour
> > his  promise to defend our rights and constitution against aggressors
> > thereto?  Would you like to be represented anywhere by such a man at the
> > lowest ebb  of character? Do you trust such a man? If Yahya does not
> > uphold the  constitution, a contract that qualifies him to be president,
> > what do you  share with Yahya as citizen of Gambia? Do you share
> > citizenship with Yahya?  Citizenship is defined by the contract in
> > constitution that similar peoples  subscribe to. It is not defined by
> > circumstantial birth.
> >
> > I submit that Yahya may not be my president and I know you do not wish
> > for  him to be yours.
> >
> > Wont you join me in expressing 'No Confidence' in Yahya?
> >
> > We will plan a CANDLE-LIGHT Vigil throughout Gambia in support for
> > Justice  and the Rule of Law guided by our common constitution. Please
> > give what you  can if you cannot be present at any of these venues of
> > Vigil, from Banjul  to Fatoto. You may send your contributions to Joe
> > Sambou, Kebba Foon, Ya  Soffie, or myself at:
> >
> > Haruna Darbo
> > P.O. Box 19534
> > Atlanta, GA 30325.
> >
> > Please mark the contribution: CANDLE-LIGHT VIGIL FOR JUSTICE IN GAMBIA.
> > and state if you wish to remain anonymous.
> >
> > I encourage all of you my colleagues to act as receivers of
>contributions
> > and inform us here by presenting a depository address.

> [...]

Worried about inbox overload? Get MSN Extra Storage now!
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es