GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:27:36 EST
Yesterday (Wednesday), the following Gambians were sumarily dismissed from
their jobs for absolutely no reason. Together these people have served for
years with distinction in their various departments with not even slight
reprimands in their personnel files. Their unjust removal was personally
engineered by Yahya Jammeh and his hatchetmen who drafted and dispatched the
termination letters from state House. Not even the ministers under whom these
innocent and hardworking people served sanctioned or even knew of the
termination's. They were just handed the letters to distribute. None of the
letters has in it a stated reason for the dismissals because there isn't any.
None of these people ever behaved in an overtly political way and they
certainly executed their responsibilities the letter and spirit of the law.
Like every Gambian today they are subject to the whims and caprices of an
evil regime that is determined to ethnically cleanse the civil service.
Unjustified dismissals are not new and the only reason it persists like the
odious and vile regime itself is because we the citizens are postponing the
inevitable. We must either fight ferociously to regain our country or forfeit
it for the indefinite future to these creul and Satanic bunch. Injustice
cannot be wished away, it must be confronted and slayed. Good and decent
Gambians who work hard and play by the rules are entitled to all they have
earned through merit. If we as a people either by default or through
expediency consign our very existence to that of perpetual victims, we shall
then be deserving of all evil that Yahya and his criminal gang visits on us.
Let us do right by ourselves and uphold our rights and dignities by fighting
this regime as our mortal enemy.
   Here are the names of the dismissed
1-Hadijatou Sanneh (G.I.A)
2-Foma Ceesay (Community Development)
3-Ansumana Kunjo(Director Of NGO Affairs)
4-Tumbul Danso (SSHFC)
5-Bai Lamin Bojang (Gamworks)
6-Star Lamin Bojang (Gamworks)
7-Karamo Bojang (Finance)
8-Jagana (GPA)
9-Aziz Samba(GPA)
10-Ousman Jammeh (Supreme Court)
11-Kawsu Kejera (G.I.A)
12-Lamin Drammeh(G.I.A)
13-Claude Johnson (G.I.A)
14-Dembo Fatty (GCCA)
15-ASP Saine ( Police C.R.D)
16-ASP Kebbeh (Police Farafenni)
17-Kabba Tambajang (Deputy Director General - Customs)
18- Alieu Ceesay (Customs- Senior Revenue Collector)
19-Lamin Dibba (Customs - Sales Tax Officer)
20-Seedy Kinteh (Customs)
21-Sainey Darboe(Customs)
22- Ida Joof (Customs)

List members should note that this is just a partial list of the confirmed
dismissals. All of them got their letters asking them to simply pack and
leave. Why? Because Yahya Jammeh can order them dismissed.
karamba