GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 22:35:32 +0000
1- "The joint Executive Committee of the UDP/NRP respects NADD’s decision to
reject the proposals emanating from it."

2- "the matter is that neither Mr. Bah nor Mr. Darboe is willing to resign
their membership of their parties to rejoin NADD."

3- "The leadership of the UDP/NRP Alliance is very conversant with the laws
of The Gambia and in particular laws regulating and governing election
matters. Probably if the views of some people who are part of the UDP/NRP
Alliance were heeded the legal and constitutional mess created by the
registration of NADD would have been averted."

4- "The UDP/NRP Alliance is not seeking and has never sought power for its
sake. It is an Alliance that is genuinely committed to the amelioration of
the worsening conditions in all aspects in The Gambia."

5-"Finally I regard your rejection, without any discussion, of our proposal
as a rejection of our invitation to meet and discuss and this we accept in
good faith."

All, after a re-read of the UDP letter to NADD, I am dumb founded at the
blatant manipulation attempt to hoodwink Gambians.  Quotes 1 and 5 in
particular are really laughable and an assault to the collective
intelligence of Gambians.  Two phrases hit me in the face right away:

"UDP/NRP respects NADD’s decision to reject..", and "...and this we accept
in good faith..."., respectively.  Wow!  One would think something sank in
after all the exposition but there is still plenty left in this Hoodini bag.

Quotes 2 - 4, are just window dressing of the added excuses and more
excuses.  This schism is beyond NADD and that is what Ousainou and the UDP
fails to understand.  This issue is about the type of Gambia, Gambians want,
after Yaya and the NIA, the many murders, illegal detentions, torture, and a
plunder of whatever we have left, if there is any more left.  Why can't
Ousainou see that, is what baffles Gambians, even the APRC supporters, who
saw their slippage with unity.  What Yaya could not do for 12 years,
Ousainou managed to do, just like that - Kill the Fighting Spirit of
Gambians in the Diaspora.  Look at the online discussions as a testimony.
All because someone wants to be King at all cost, even to loose it all.
Well, we have made many predictions here that came to pass.  Let the
opposition just remember this.

After Yaya is given another five years and more, be prepared to be:
illegally detained and tortured for any cause; trump up charges to see you
in court for many years, and other gifts that you will receive from the NIA
and others.  Knowledge of the Law and access to a phone to call the foreign
embassies will not do a darn thing for you or your supporters.  Forget about
your supporters starting a riot.  Dismiss this prediction and you find
yourselves in the shoes of Sheriff Dibba, Ndure Cham, Bajinka, Ndondeh Njie,
Mariam Denton, the lot that were framed up for a roundup, journalists, etc.
One thing Darbo can count on, when that comes to pass, I shall refresh his
memory and he shall read about it.  This is not a threat, but to remind you
of real life examples that we see happen everyday.  By any means please
continue to sink yourself and Gambia.

Chi Jaama

Joe