GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sanusi Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 10:54:08 +0100
Yus

I think Saiks has to strike a balance between an
isolated event which took place at the Serrekunda
Police Station as he alleges, and the entire incident
of 10 and 13 February 1987 which began at Independence
Drive and ended around Kanifing near Banjul Brewries.
During that period NO rifle was used to crush the
demonstration. In stead, the Military Police were
armed with their truncheon to disperse us.

Saiks

Your reference to Officer Commanding-Kebba Jones is
well noted. I could remember this Police Officer.  For
your information, his son Momodou Lamin Jones was a
classmate of mine at SAHS Sixth Form, according to my
recollection, at no time did Momodou Lamin Jones
played a CENTRAL role in the demonstration. He only
played a passive role as other Sixth Formers of SAHS
did.

I am happy to feed you with more information on the
Student Demonstration of 10 and 13 February 1987.

Until then, have a wonderful day

Sanusi Owens