GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ginny Quick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:02:59 -0800
Regarding Obama, I really, really like him, he gives me a sense of hope in the political process
that I've not felt in a long itme.  However, someone alerted me to a statement of his regarding
the blockade of the Gaza strip, soemthing along the lines of "this must be done to protect
Israelis security, and if Hamas would just stop what theyr'e doing", etc., etc.  Perhaps I can
find the statement and post it here, but I was extremely disppointed int his stance!

Perhaps I shoudl have expected as much as if anyone wants to be successful poltically,  then it
seems they must tow the party line regarding Israel itseems.

If the deprivation of food, electricity, fuel, and other basic necessities were happening anywhere
else, the international outcry woudl be deafening!  Say, perhaps if the Muslims were doing the
blockading etc., there wouldn't be just international diplomatic pressure but the military
pressure to back it up.

*sigh* but anyway...

Ginny

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい