GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Oko Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:39:24 +0100
Mr. Sidibeh,

You hit the nail on the head. You know  the late Sir far too well. I am
his first cousin and best friend (partners in crime). His father was a
young brother to my father. How come you had a vous at 20,Hagan street
and you never bump into me?

This is Man Joof terrretory (father of Joseph Joof -PaBe Joof ex justice
minitter).I raised Richard,Donald and Pa be Peter Goddard ,John, Gabou
and Mike Goddard (Garnet) I was the right hand of Uncle Man He brought
me up (that's why I am sweet).When I left for Holland he gave a book by
Basil Davidson "The History of Africa".I gave it to Sir.

Sir Lamin was often there partly with the Skylarks boys (this was a club
I started) George Evans, Bola Carrol, Jemay Koita,, Kobna Njie, David
Jawara,etc.Mostly Saints Augustines Boys. Sir was in the football team
as well as the sprint team.

The drama about Sir was when he sold fish balls (Bulet,sauce and bread)
at the Sahara Night Club where I was Deejaying. I lived with him in
Stockholm in a short visit and on few occations I had to leave him
sleeping in the Bus all the way to the last stop at Fasta Strand !!!

All the guys in Sweden will surly miss him. You can't fill his space. He
is the magma !

Please excuse this flashback, not the right time but
Memories, they live  more than people do, they always on youe mind."

May his soul find peace in Heaven !!!!

More Times Bro, Thank you on your good note,Sir will feel your spirited
message.

Oko Drammeh
A Luta Contuinua !!!!