GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
YERO MAMA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:41:47 +0000
Junglesunrise!
              Yes thats what it takes to be a member of a forum like the
gambial...You see a lot of garbage is being sent herein and being
deliberately classified as masterpieces from master fabricators.You can
imagine the "gaarowaaleh" syndrome on line towards me and you whenever the
hammer strikes on facts.The word "decency" is shedding tears for the fact
that its being hoarded by all and sundry(even those who do not deserve
bearing its stickers have them!).

Words like thuggery,murder,maim are frequently being catapaulted on us here
because some so-called "liberators" are wriggling here through hot sand with
endless jargons.Now if their horizon of criticism traverses beyond Banjul
creeping towards Ouadadougou then "hopelessness" is becoming the order of
the day.
You see none! i mean none here cares who is the president back home as far
as the interest of the motherland can be taken care of without any
political- let- or- hindrance! The Yahya Jammehnised demon makes me chuckle
because as far as i am concerned my principles towards any regime aren't
leader-centered indeed mine are principle-centered!
Every team has a leader be it a symbolical one or otherwise....No democracy
in the world carries the baton of honour for reognising or rejecting Gvts!
No! respect can either be earned or missed.It can also be reciprocated, so
if any democracy isn't ready to respect the one at home today then i wonder
if there will be a reciprocal approach from the Quadrangle in Banjul!
THE EU isn't entirely controlled by wishful thinking from "shackled"
intellectuals who only see through holes that have been designed by
carricaturing architects! Neither does the west has the time to be endlessly
receiving a spring of complaints.AT LEAST WE HAVE SEEN AMERICA AND CUBA
AGREE ON ONE PRINCIPLE YESTERDAY IE:On the point of Guantanamabay
prisoners.Cuba is ready to arrest and handing over runaway prisoners from
Guantanamobay(in the event that something like that arises...).In that case
the west teaches us a lesson to show us that their support or rejection of
any particular position centers around principles or interest and not
emotions!

Their perspective towards Cuba in the general context doesn't change but
they have recognised the honourable gesture taken or pronounced by Fidel
Castro's brother.
This never happens with African critics or at best Gambian opponents!because
our opposition IN MOST CASES is personal and not political.
Why was Mandela crying to be pardoned by his fellow African heads of state
when South Africa took a stand against Nigeria when the latter was expelled
from the commonwealth,during Abacha's time?! The South African Gvt. took
that position only to be considered a darling by Canada and others(as they
South africa were coming from the cold pool of apparteid!)After all during a
camera session of African heads of state Mandela was reminded of the fact
that those very countries his gvt was attempting to shun,particularly
Nigeria were the ones that gave refuge to the SWAPO freedom fighters who
escaped the appartheid bullets!
Mandela apologised but the resolution that sent Nigeria out of the
commonwealth for a while had already been passed!
Ours at times isn't principled-centered! its more of trying to easily escape
from being black-listed by masters hiding behind the scenes! Today we can
see a lot of so-called intellectuals jump on findings from other minds but
rarely do we witness any trying to find out what the AU(African Union
bureau) has for us! There is NEPAD etc etc...But we are busy clenching our
teeth over trivial political aspects with narrow nationalistic perspectives
than the generalised scope!
Shouldn't we pause for a while and think of joining hands to create an
inter-continental airline(private and not governmental?).Africa is the only
continent where one is obliged to travel via Europe before reaching another
city within that very continent!
From Ndjamena one has to transit via Paris! From Ouaga the same etc
etc...Should those wouldbe airlines be always gvt owned ones? Are those from
the Gambia,Ghana,etc and currently stationed in States only politicians?
Don't we have others who can go ahead and do something for their sisters and
brothers without only waiting to blame gvts and then later on coil back
under thier comforters?! Aren't there any?
Not all those airlines,maritime tranportation companies and so on in europe
or Asia,are owned by gvts no!

The cradle of advancement is found on the back of  a horse called
PARTICIPATION! And participation has no boundaries neither can it be
controlled by one person!

YEROPULLLOH!

"YEROMAMA PULORI GALO HAAWA BAROGEL N'DIMOU"
"Speak the speeches and let the speeches not spit you."