GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 22:56:01 -0600
"I fully respect your rules and regulations governing the G-L, and would
do my best to abide by them. But it is very unfortunate that a " Ndongoh
strategy "could not march with your rules and regulations, so i am
therefore warning you to put my name on the standby delisting cue, because
i might act against your rules in respond to a "Ndongoh Strategy". I would
highly regret any such action, and would not blame you for delisting me.
Thanks Elhajj " Culled from : Notice for the List Managers !

Mr Faye,
  Sir, I have quoted you above just to assure you that I am mindful of
your extremely high temperament in the present scheme of things. So I will
keep that in mind and be as sensitive as I possibly can while writing this
piece. However, please don't bank on this " Ndongoh strategy " as some sort
of leverage just because you're seemingly a well respected elder. I recall
vividly just recently how when Bro Yus(I think) said there are some fake
Elhajjs amongst us and you went bananas( I mean berzerk). The poor guy
didn't even mention any names. But you threatened that you know his Dad
and Mom.  I hope you don't tell me that you know my parents because I
could care less. I'm only interested in discussing the issues. Not veiled
threats or age barriers.

Anyway,with all due respect Elhajj, this is what I think - I think you are
confusing me to death with your irrational, inconclusive rebuttals in this
debate(Gambians Vs Ebou Jallow) . Why defend the indefensible ? What my
radar is picking is lots of inconsistencies and denial in your responses
to this Ebou Jallow saga. You sympathise with him and I respect that. Mine
is more of a pity.I pity him because he is so arrogant and short-sighted he
thinks he owe the gambian people NO apology. How can anyone steal $3000,000
from one of the poorest nations in the world and not be accounted for it.

You wrote, "Joe, You are very correct, that i should not leave the burden
of calling on the thieves with you."- Well, good. I'm thrilled you admitted
something.  Now listen to yourself, " But calling them thieves without
having any proof INFRONT of me, could be called as a deformation of
character."  - Why the double standards, Sir? When you accused  Jammeh and
his cohorts of all things, did you have the proof INFRONT of you? If you
think some of us are just imagining things and singling out Mr Jallow,
then proof it. I for one would like to see that proof INFRONT of me.

Anyway you went on, " A rational decision-maker always goes by the preponderance of the evidence. One must be able to proof his / her case beyond a reasonable doubt that is to proof that leaves you firmly convinced of the defendant`s guilt. " - Uhhh, I love  me some words of
wisdom. I like that. Still,  rational decision-makers must NOT let the
ilks of nepotism cloud their sense of judgement, let alone their sense of
reasoning. In order words, stop cherry-picking, and call a spade a spade.

You then wrote, "Joe, we as a "Ndongohs" frankly, you know all the
thieves."  - Wow, you know all the thieves. Well, this is contradicting
your early statement which said ," But calling them thieves without having
any proof INFRONT of me, could be called as a deformation of character. "
The obvious reason I why differ here  is because you have YET to proof (not
even beyond reasonable doubt) INFRONT of us that 1. you know all the
thieves, and 2. that you have the evidence that CLEARLY proves they are
what you call them - "thieves".

Your argument couldn't be more flawed when you said, " How on earth did
they get such wealth with the small salaries they were getting? " - Hmm,
so what if (hypothetically speaking)their son, daughter, relative, you
name it  provided these people you accused financial support,  or say they
have other sources of income you may not know about? Because then look,
here is how it's laid out; - With that assumption, you are implicating the
president categorically(guilt by association) because he is a multi-
millionaire and giving that his salary is 26,000/month (last we were told),
are you calling him one of the thieves you know? Do you have the proof
evidence) INFRONT of you ?

We've heard counter arguments from Gassa that the president is actively
engaged in agriculture and animal husbandry, as added income. But that's a
whole different story. See, the bottomline is you too are speculating
(unwittingly I may add) Because we are yet to see any proof INFRONT of us.
Like you , most of us don't have the evidence in Ebou's case INFRONT of us
but one thing we do have in common, is that somehow when we accuse these
people of stealing, we know deep down in the bottom of heart and soul that
we are NOT just imagining things out of nowhere calling people thieves. NO.
Were are not hallucinating here. If that is the case, then I can wake up
today and call my neighbor a thief. But I'm not hallucinating nor crazy.

All I'm trying to say to you is that you have all the right to sympathise
with Ebou giving that you are somehow related, but we too do have all the
right to seek out the truth, and tell the truth for it is. The truth is he
stole 3,000,000. You did NOT hear him deny those allegations thus far (on
the record). So we call him a thief. A very appropriate term. I don't have
the evidence INFRONT of me but if you believe he is not a thief, then he
shouldn't have any problems whatsoever going to the gambia today if he
chooses to. As a matter of fact the gambian people have lot's of evidence,
but they are only admissible in court. Consider this phase1 of pre-trial
because Gambia-L is a tribunal of public opinion.

Elhajj, you may rationalise that Ebou's case in not the first nor the
last and try to get even with grudges you may have held against those you
claim to have stolen more money and are right in there in the heart of The
Gambia. In the final analysis when push come shove, they will pay one form
or the other, be it here of the afterlife. Stealing from poor needy Gambia
is unacceptable and should NOT be glorified in any form or shape. Gone are
those days.

See, I can go on and on but I'm sure you realise where this is heading. A
Deadlock. therefore, our only viable alternative as things stand is to
engage Ebou and debunk any of his malicious tricks. Any other thief in
this forum that chooses to rear his/her ugly face will not go unchallenged.
There are No exceptions. Like I said, The yoke of oppression, in any form
or shape (be it grand theft, murder, incompetence, perjury, nepotism,
etc.. etc) MUST BE SHATTERED, kaput!  Have a good day,

Respectfully,
Mr Makaveli (o-:)

Gambians Online " Designed With The Gambian People In Mind"
               http://www.gambiansonline.com