GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 19:22:51 EST
Harona,

I am puzzled by your request.What made you think that it is my responsibility to layout the contents of the said decree before you can engage in a debate as to whether Pdois was infact affected by the decree in question.
I stand by my comments that pdois was never impacted by decree 89 and therefore you have the burden of proof to quote the section of the decree that has any effect on the pdois.Decree 89 is implemented to ban members of the first republic who served in cabinet capacity mainly.Therefore I took issue with your comment that pdois is showing political maturity by standing up to a certain law that in spirit doesn't affect them.
The ball is in court...show me the relevant portion of the decree that affect pdois and I will throw in the towel. But until then i stand by my previous comments.
Regards
ousman ceesay.