GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 19:46:54 EST
Mr. Khan,
With all due respect, your agitation is beginning to show. The truth is that you did twist the definition of the word.  In other word, yours is a derived definition.  To add, you did not call a spade a spade. Otherwise, you would not have manipulated the meaning of the world to suit your definition.

I do not dispute that the kind of person you described exists. However, a more accurate word should have been used to describe the subset of the population that you tried to define. And this is exactly one of the things that I had an objection to. To add, your categorization of black people into those three categories was way too simplistic.  You should leave that one to the social scientists  that are more qualified to do this.

In regard to you calling me superficial, you do not know me. So you are reaching when you use that word.  But I will not turn this into a personal affair.  Lets deal with the article at hand.  Remember that you posted this article for everyone to see.  For that reason prepare to be judged on the words and the logic you put forth.

Respectfully,
Yusupha