GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bamba Laye Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 10:21:30 -0700
Mr. Sallah,

Allow me to make this short and straight to the point.

I know exactly what your stance is on this issue, hence my appeal and that
of many others in reaction to your message, to change your approach. I did
not make my comments on the pass. It was dug deep from my heart and
conscience based on the reports we get. You have been articulating with the
masses for over fifteen years now, Jammeh included. He was in your audience
before becoming president and still is after becoming a monster. What is the
extent of the progress in the struggle Mr. Sallah? My concern and that of
many others is that by the time you are done articulating with the people to
a point where they will fully realize the extent of their god given rights
and powers, Jammeh would have done the job!
My appeal to you, Sidia Jatta, Hamat Bah and Ousainou Darboe is that you
SHOW the people how to make use of their ultimate power, not through
violence, but by marching down the streets in Banjul and Kombos telling and
showing the monster that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. The people trust you, they adore
you and will listen to you. I am not insinuating that you do anything out of
the range of your civil rights. The masses need someone to lead them, they
need someone to look up to. That someone, Mr. Sallah is you, Sidia, Hamat
and Ousainou. Not of your own making.
Just as many others have already said, this is beyond politics, this is
beyond PDOIS, UDP or NRP. This is about the rights of the people and being
good leaders, articulators and saviours. This is the language the monster
will understand.
Yes, the language he is speaking is understood by his handful of misled
gangsters. They made him what he is today. Yaya himself is not doing the
killings, the buryings, the choppings into pieces. His gangsters are doing
the dirty for him. So what do you expect from them?
Mr. Sallah, if you have to consult a psychiatrist at Campama, do it for the
sake of freedom from the monster. I sincerely hope that as a social
scientist(???) you will see the monsters actions beyond the eyes of a
politician. Find out how you can tackle his irrational behaviour. Trust me,
a very close study of this subject will help you mold a perfect approach to
muster him with the help of the masses. This is beyond fifteen plus years of
articulation.

Enjoy your day.

Abdoulie A. Jallow
Toll-free number: 1-888-392-4832(Excite2)
Personal extension for v/mail/fax: 291-368-1519