GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Benjamin Senghore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 12:53:39 +0100
I myself received this virus from Solomon Jawara, but it was a good job
that I'm only registered on the Gambia-L from work so are main server had
enough time to debug the virus, if it was from home maybe my computer would
be in the bin by now. I would like to say if people have there disagreement
on the Gambia-L they should not resolve it by sending virus around to each
other, and by the way Salomon your explanation was good of you.

PEACE

Ben

                    salomon jawara
                    <[log in to unmask]>           To:     [log in to unmask]
                    Sent by: The Gambia           cc:
                    and related-issues            Subject:     Re: Will The Real 'Kebba Jobe'
                    mailing list                  Please Stand Up.
                    JOHNS.EDU>

                    21/06/2001 01:02
                    Please respond to The
                    Gambia and
                    related-issues mailing
                    list

Dear Hamjatta, Ebrima and others:

There is NO reason whatsoever for me to send you a private e mail with a
virus. In fact  the same e mail was sent to me couple of weeks ago. No idea
where it came from. I suspect it to had been created by couple of Swedes i
previously had problems with, becuase of their discriminatory actions ;
making fun of Africans by e mail.

Couple of days after denigrating them, i received an e mail, " Salomon
Jawara" with a virus (the same one you guys received). I know that the e
mail is actively spreading at present, because everyone in our office had
had it, including my own computer at work, even our manager.

An american friend of mine who is a doctor in Indonesia called me couple of
days ago telling me he received my e mail but was infected with a virus.
Well, i said, i did not send you any e mail !
I do receive my mails on a daily basis, including mails from the Gambia-L,
i am afraid likewise distressed that not only you guys  who admitted to
have received it did so, but many more will be doing so as well, all under
my name.

Even if i were to do such a thing, i would not have let  my name come forth
as the sender. This mail is not from me! I would never in life do anything
deliberately  to hint at creating maelstrom for anyone. The same wishes and
aspires i have for me, myself and i are the ones i have for everyone else
on this planet, earth.

We might disagree on issues or our ideas fail to correspond with each
others for some reason, let it be historical, experience, education or
social back ground, this should not make us enemies. We have to accept our
differences, discuss issues and proceed with our lives.

Hamjatta, I think it is quite absurd by you to take Essa Sey´s  name into
account while addressing me. In fact i do not have anything to do with Essa
apart from the resemblance in some view-points. Just as you do with Jabou,
Ebrima and the like.  My ideas are personally mine with no influence from
anybody. I am  an independent adault, studied "modern Management" and very
well capable of constituting my personal judgement.

I am fully aware of the behaviors and characteristics of a good leader.
What we still have to understand is the complexity of the situation in
Africa, and Gambia in particular.

I recently completed a course on general knowledge about the United Nations
with  specific emphasis on Aid and development, organized by SIDA ( Swedish
International  Development Authority) and Linkoping University. My thesis
was called " The African dilemma" .  Do you know that the donor countries
have in the past six years reduced aid to Africa by over twenty per cent !
Are you aware of the terrible effects that the Globalization has on Africa
!  No wonder why not only the Gambia, but the whole African continent
suffer from Poverty-Stricken.

Not long ago when the biggest News paper in Sweden published the extreme
poverty that persist in Senegal. We have to assess the situation in the
Gambia on a wider perspective. Gambia is one of the world´s most  poorest
countries, with very limited  and less important natural resources. Every
sector in that country  needs improvement. I do not know where on earth we
will find a  so call "perfect leader" to fix our problems for us.

That search should begin now, at least to obtain one before  send-packing
the present one.
Once again, sorry to everyone who happenend to get a private e mail with my
name on it. I hope my position is made clear on that.

Thanks for Sharing!

Saul S.Jawara.

PS. Hamjatta, My genuine  name is Sulayman, Saul or Salomon in Swedish (as
Solomon in English). There is nothing that i am trying to hide here.
Honesty is my best policy!