GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 11:21:37 PDT
Jassey:

The e-mail below has just come from the very source who told me the Jammeh's
envisaged 18 month long medical leave.

Ebrima Ceesay

Hello Ebrima

Fatoumatta Jahumpa, publicly, must deny the facts of the report about
Jammeh's envisaged medical leave. She did not have any choice but to say
what she said to the Observer. I certainly did not expect her to confirm the
story. Anyway, there are two points that I want to underline however.

1. Her denial was accompanied with the threat of "decomposed bodies"
of Jammeh's opponents beneath the sea. Why?

2. The omission of the second part of the story relating to the resignations
of the Vice President and the SoS-Education. Why?

Interestingly, Yankuba Touray's reaction leaves the door open for the
posibility of Jammeh, though hypothetical, to go on "medical leave" with the
proviso that the VP or the Speaker to take charge.

What Yankuba doesn't know is that Yahya would like to appoint Dr Sedat Jobe
as VP before heading for the exit. Ebrima, you are a newspaper man, so I
leave the rest for you to answer Mr. Jasseh.

Thanks!