GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 23:05:33 -0500
Guys,
 Why is everyone speaking in parables all of a sudden. Please guys, I'm
begging everyone to stop engaging in these petulant, petty and unwarranted
altercations and aequam servare mentem us from constant bickering leading
to untimely migraine attacks. Guys, please...atleast not in this critical
juncture where we need each other now more than ever.  Such infantile
behaviour is not going to get us anywhere. Blaming each other is not going
to get us anywhere either. There will always be differing views and people
you would love to hate but the task ahead of us should make us put our
differences aside in the mean time and exert all of our human resources to
building the Gambia all of us are yearning for. Afterall we are all in the
same team, I hope. No good will come out of these counterproductive cyber-
warfare amongst fellow comrades and we've seen it happen here time and
time again. You got grievances with some list members; so what? Does it
give you the luxury to ruin the days of many others and slow down the
momentum of new and fresh ideas from competent contributors just because
you didn't get your 15 minute of fame? Is anyone sticking a gun to your
head for you to be here? Are the ideas been discussed here the property of
anybody's intellectualism? Do you think that we will always have the same
viewpoints? Why then whine about things you have no control of? Do you
ever wonder what makes freedom of speech a thing of beauty? I can go on
and on with all these brouhahas guys but as you can see already, valuable
time and effort are been wasted on wishful thinking when viable means of
conglomerating our human resources and focusing on the bigger picture seems
to be the only clear ulternative ladies and gentlemen.

Sometimes, there is only one choice and you thank God Almighty when it is so CLEAR. Either we unite and take a quantum leap forward or we ALL fall together.No one can claim to unilaterally dictate how information is
perceived and interpretted by people on this List. People will decipher
for themselves for the most part so why treat some us like miniature adult
and assume all of us think alike. There is no justice in that and quite
frankly I'm sure people are getting tired of that notion. I can bet my
last dime that some of you will hug one another when the dictator is
booted out of our not so glamorous country. Right? I know some of you
would rather sell your body parts to South America than mortgage your
souls to this diabolic regime. Now, if one think that demoralizing a
fellow comrade in the same struggle will get you a standing ovation, please think again. Most of us don't really need these reminders because
we all now by now that it amounts to zilch here at the end of the day.

Think about it, here we are expecting our opposition leaders to unite yet
we can't work on an amicable compromise amongst ourselves to atleast
profess that unity we so desperately yearn for despite our differences, in
the interest of all and sundry. I don't want to sound like that Rabbi next
door and I don't want some of you to think that I'm having a 'vuja de' or
worst been abducted by aliens but why dwell on things that only set us
back in this struggle. Remember, for starters not everyone will always
agree with your viewpoints. Be relentless if you have something good to
offer. Do not be silenced nor demoralized if you are competent and
strongly believe that you have something of importance to help us in this
struggle. BUT, damn it! PLEASE DO NOT RESORT TO WHINING JUST BECAUSE YOU
HAVE NADA TO BENEFIT ALL AND SUNDRY.

Incompetence often times lead some of us to dwell on character
assasination and sensationalising reactions from other comrades as
intolerant or recalcitrant when they often times have differing yet
irrefutable viewpoints simply doesn't justify the notion that Gambia-L is
one-sided. It is arguably no place for mediocre minds. Let us not sidetrack
those who really have something to offer. The diversionary tactics by
opposing mental midgets on this List gets better every day but I strongly
believe those who have something worthwhile to contribute will do so
regardless of what others think about them. Besides no one is holding a
gun to your head. Everything else are merely excuses and either you choose
to acquiesce to the whims of individual hypersensitiveness or give all you
have to give. In short, you do what is within the realm of your limited
capacity for love of thy country. Trying to seek acceptance due to unmet
expectations from fellow comrades may sound like gambia-L is perhaps a
secret society club, and that we all know is utter rubbish. It is forum
last I checked. What makes it unique is that all voices can be heard on a
level playing field. The only question is : do you have something
worthwhile to offer? Unfortunately some of us don't so they find solace in
bickering, pecksniffery...blame...blame....blame...Always the kettle
calling the pot black.  How convenient!

My stance guys is that we don't need these diversionary tactics guys.
That's why I say forget about it and move on to better things. The clock
is ticking and time is definitely not on our side. We will be committing
suicide if our bickerings cost us to let Jammeh steal this coming
elections. Constructive criticism should be welcomed but constant bickering
certainly hinders the fruition of any victory. I hope I'm done with this
long sermon. May God help us all.

                               Your Honor, I'm A Changed Man,
                               George Sarr (formerly Mr Makaveli)

PS: Keep your heads up guys. Let's win this struggle TOGETHER. I hold no
grudges against anybody other than Dirimo Jammeh and his cohorts. Word!

Gambians Online " Designed With The Gambian People In Mind"
               http://www.gambiansonline.com