GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:21:13 -0400
"What plans do Africans in the west have for Africa apart from being border
line mouthy in discussing African politics."

Here in lies the answer to your dilema:

"All of us may not live to see the higher accomplishments of an African
empire, so strong and powerful as to compel the respect of mankind, but we
in our lifetime can so work and act as to make the dream a possibility
within another generation"

It all boils down to the individual to make the collective.  Not just
Africans in the diaspora (West in this case), but also those in Africa.  I
think we should start from the specific (invividual countries) and work
toward the general (African continent).  As long as we want to spend most
of our time talking about what a continent needs to do to get ahead and
not even participate in what happens in our individual countries, then we
would be running on the same spot at best.

As I write, at this very minute, Sare Ngai is a very good place to start
the ball rolling.  Unfortunately, the discussion on Africa drops dead the
moment we need to transition to the implementating of the very ideas we
come up with to save Africa.  I wonder why?  The road to a developed and
prosperous Africa starts in Sare Ngai, for Gambians.  Are we representing
in Sare Ngai? That is the million $ question.  Please join the STGDP in
Sare Ngai to change to a progressive leadership in the Gambia, for a
better Africa.

Chi Jaama

Joe

--