GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
JENNIFER EIDSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 15:22:22 -0500
To the families and friends of Mam Metta Silleh, Simon Bakurin, and Mer
Amie Secka Batchilly. May their souls rest in peace!  May the Almighty
God/Allah raise then up and deliver them from evil, for he is the power
and glory forever and ever.  AMEN

Sometimes when we have such a great loss in our lives we are overwhelmed
by the many different feelings that we go thru. We must allow ourselves
to do just that, no matter how hard it may seem.

Let yourself feel:
Acceptance, Faith, Sadness, Trust, Hope, Love, Serenity, Wisdom,
Respect, Happiness, Tolerance, Friendship, Patience, Kindness, Humor,
Compassion, Gratitude, Sharing, Caring, Joy,... the list can go on
forever but take the time to let yourself go thru these because then and
only then will your heart begin to heal.

Loss can touch us so deeply that we sometimes shut ourselves off from
the natural process of grieving, in the hope of avoiding pain.  But the
loss will still be there, waiting to be acknowledged.   For it is only
when we allow ourselves to truly feel, that we can find inner peace and
begin to heal.

Let yourself feel... and trust that your feelings are valid.  Know that
with time, you will heal and find peace.

With My Deepest Sympathy and Love!

Love,
Jennifer Eidson