GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:31:57 EDT

"Mr  haruna," Sountouni

Yes  Mr. Suntou, how goes it. I hope you're not cavortin before fast break.
I have people watching yew you know.

"a  man of your calibre need taking urgent action." Suntouni.

Hmmm! You're too kind and I thank  you for the regard. What urgency do you
speak of? I hope my calibre can yield  relief.

"you have connections" Sountouni.

Hah?? What connections? Do I have any connections you or any other does  not
have? Regard maybe but connections? Only ordinary.

"you have some influence and some people need all those combinations."
Sountouni.

I  would like to think that all God's children have calibre, connections, and
 influence on matters affecting their lives. I agree that the degree and
nature of the combination may vary with our uniquenesses. We must however  be
careful and studious about using our unique combinations where they may  affect
the fortunes of other.

"i  request that ,you make move by engaging our yahya." Sountouni.

I  do not have reason to engage Yahya. I will however as I often do, share
ideas  with him. Not to forrrrrget, as my late friend Arafat PBUH is wont to
quip),  Yahya also has calibre, connection, and influence.

"you may not be a Gambian citizen now," Sountouni.

This is where my discernment failed me my friend. What would bring you to
such query of me? I did not understand. Are you asking me if I am a Gambian now,
 or if I consider myself Gambian now, having once been Gambian? Do I give you
the  impression that I may not be Gambian today as opposed to
yester-your-note?  Please clarify Suntou. You know I love you and I do not want to prejudge
your  query?

"but thugs too listen." Suntouni.

If  you advise me to engage Yahya, but you tell me it is because thugs  too
listen, you imply that Yahya's secretary who may answer my phone  call could be
a thug. I agree with you and that is why I am preparing the  most valuable
way to speak with Yahya. We want to bypass those thugs. And you  know they want
me to go through them first before I can reach  Yahya.

"write an open letter to yahya under your Global Democracy Project"
Sountouni.

I  have written an open letter to Yahya a couple of months ago but the thugs
got it and they wouldn't forward it to HE. However, it will not be valuable
yet  to write another open letter under The Global Democracy Project heading.
There  must be some thought and consideration expended in such an exercise
where it  impacts on another's life or fortune. Please bear with me. Meanwhile, I
challenge you and Bambalaye to a tripartite (I love that JDAm don't  you?)
letter, one paragraph each, to send to Yahya, where we extol the  virtue of
FJManneh's freedom. If we combine our calibres, connections, and  influences this
way, we may bear more heavily on Yahya's better wisdom. Let  us do it with
consideration that at this very moment, Yahya is burdened with  ironing out some
issues with his associates. Do it nonetheless and now. We do  not need to wait
for the ironing out, merely be considerate of extant  conditions.

"explain to him the futility of imprisoning innocent people"  Sountouni.

Yahya already understands the futility of arresting innocent people so we
should not try to explain that when we write the letter. It is the thugs who
advise Yahya that given his better judgement not withstanding, innocent people
pose a threat to his livelihood and legacy. So we will share other
considerations with Yahya that will innoculate him from the creators of  Schizophrenia.

"tell him, it doesn't make him a stronger man but a coward. tell him,  even
the Boumish military junta are now under pressure from monks, yes monks ,  who
we know as only peace advocates." Sountouni.

Burmese. Myanmari. No Sountou when you share ideas, you don't tell  somebody
things. You can demand your rights and those of your fellow citizens or  take
them by force when you are denied them. But you do not tell anything to
anybody when you appeal to their better wisdom. I wouldn't want you to negotiate
on my behalf. I would rather like you to fight on my behalf. I know you don't
get the difference yet. I'll share it with you when I speak with  you.

"this task cannot be undertaken by many since yahya may have clashes with
them one way or the other." Sountouni.

Prior clashes should not stop you from living. Part of your continued  life
is fighting for your rights continuously and sharing wisdoms with your  former
enemies in order that time and intervening events may be aided by  your
efforts in yielding considerations that seemed elusive in times of battle.  That is
value-life.

"engage him in the spirit on decent democracy." Sountouni.

Indeed Sountou. That is what I intend to do should time and extant
conditions permit him.

"by  the way ,you too have a magic pen," Sountouni.

Now  you tell me. Where were you when it ran out of ink just to have parker
tell me  they discontinued its production. New Gambians!!!

"so  use it well for your fellow citizens." Sountouni.

Hah??? Didn't you hear me say I have to change pens? What is wrong with  yew?
Besides, you may not use your tools for your fellow citizens without  careful
study as to scope and fashion. Are you keeping fast today my Sountou? I
gotta call the wife to find out.

"As  a morro, i mean Touray mori .laugh . i will go in kalwa for you. laugh
again  ,but i am serious." Sountouni.

That may not be necessary SOuntou. Allah has already acknowledged your
chagrin and Yahya's shortcoming and both your wishes will be granted, Barki  Shiekh
Tejaan wal Anbiyaa. I'm just curious, How do you complete  Khalwa?

"on  my last visit to the Gambia not long a go ,i have an older friend a man
call  fodeba .this man eat and sleep politics the last time i know him .after
being  away from the Gambia for over three years ,fodeba who use to seat on
his  compound gate talking politics without any fear is a different man now  .
just over one year ago i was with him in his home ,i start a  political topic
,guess what ,this man was scared to death .he was murmuring .i  told him what
is the problem ? he said ,''he was reported by some his friends  and the
usual suspect threaten him'' ,this man main source of pleasure   talking politics
is gone .i mean gone.
why ?" Sountouni.

You  should have told that Fodeba not to eat, sleep, and drink Politics
anymore. All  he has to do is vote his conscience and he'll be fine. Why do people
leave  themselves open to paralysis so. Share with Fodeba that politics should
not  dictate his life. He should dictate his politics.

"take a comparison with a journalist who cannot write freely ,what goes  on
in head ? a journalist who is censored is like a car without a driver ,going
at 120mph." Sountouni.

How  can a car without a driver travel at 120mph?? Why are you trying to
confuse me  some more Sountou? That is a traffic hazard for your fellow citizens.
Besides  the speed limit should not be 120mph. especially for driver-less
cars. I  understand though that an oppressed journalist is akin to flickering
light.  Such journalist is advised to change the bulb. Faut etre  polyvalent.

"similarly ,my friend fodeba is now like a censored journalist .help  people
like fodeba and the many voices silence by paranoia."  Sountouni.

Fodeba is advised to join an opposition party if he is aversed by the  ruling
APRC. Paranoia does not silence. If anything, it keeps you on edge and  you
are forever fidgety.

"sorry bamba for hijacking your wonderful poem." Sountouni.

BambaLaye doesn't mind. I hope the two of you will take me up on my
challenge of open-letter-writing. I will still call Yahya but after I prepare  him for
it.

Haroun Darbo. MQDT. Masoud Wal Mutawakkil.

Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Indeed  Bambalaye, I join you in prayer and inquiry.

Haroun Masoud. MQDT  Darbo.