GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saiks samateh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 12:17:06 PDT
Mr Toury,
The Iranian war was fought in the name of Islam,It was claim that this was a
jihad.The Iranian Imams who open the doors of their Mosque for the Fankanta
activist in your opinion might be people who do not understand what Islam is
about but those Iranian men and women who were part of that programme are
convince that it is Islamic to a give a child a better life and fewer children
makes this easier.
The women activist in the Gambia have claimed to have support from many
Islamic scholars and Imam fatty ,Banding Drammeh and others are claiming that
these Islamic scholars are speaking against the interest of Islam.Who is Imam
fatty speaking for,is it true that Allah said that he will feed every mouth he
created ? Why then all the starvation and suffering,is Imam Fatty and others
not misusing the name of Allah,should we not learn better to interpret the
Koran than been fanatics.Allah will never come down to earth to solve our
starvation problems,if this was the case Imam  Fatty will never enter
politics.Is it even Islamic for Imam Fatty to be an Imam of a Chosen person
?Such religious hypocrisy have created enough problems in this world.Yes if
there was not such religious hypocrisy in Iran perhaps there would not have
been the need for Fankanta that is in contradiction with the State policy in
Iran.This is what Iwas showing in the article because when Ayatola came to
power in Iran he was using the same propaganda that Imam Fatty and co are
using today,the consequences are what the Fankanta activist in Iran are
struggling against,did you get the sense now and did you read  what the vice
president said about population growth in the Gambia,she is either telling
lies,speaking against Islam(that Allah will feed every mouth he created)or she
is speaking in line with the Fankanta activist in the Gambia.

For Freedom
Saiks

FANKATA being practiced in Iran does not refute Imam Fatty's claims that
the practice as un Islamic.  The past massive killings in Iran, does that
implied that its Islamic to kill, because it happens in Iran.
Again is the practice of FANKANTA in Iran and Gambia the same?  I am not
proofing you wrong, but I am reiterating the weakness of your premise in
using Iran to support your allegation of hypocritical Islamic practices in
Gambia.
May be the practice of FANKANTA in Iran compared to Gambia is different
Or the campaign strategies in both countries are different
Or the personnel in charge of FANKANTA in Iran are more competent in
implementing the program than our personnel
Again Iranians Acceptance of the FANKANTA may be necessary for the country
Also How many of the Iran Imams like Imam Fatty accepted the practice?.
BBC airing the program cannot be a convincing evidence that FANKANTA
accepted in Iran.  These programs go through a series of editions to suit
the taste of the listening audience.
May it's few that support the practice and it's that few who were shown on
TV/ radio

I think one has to put all these points in to consideration before one
could makes a conclusion.

You may be right but Iranians practice of FANKANTA does not make it
Islamic, just as Iranians war with Iraq cannot make a war Islamic.

Ebrima TOuray

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999 02:05:07 PDT wrote...