GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 15:17:10 +0000
All, now that the U-17 Tournament is over and Gambians are recuperation from
their victory celebration, it is time for us to get some answers from Yaya
Jammeh regarding the sources of his gift of D1 million plus, to the players.
  Gambians are divided over the "gift" by Yaya.  Some want to criticize him,
but are happy that the players were rewarded for their victory.  Others,
came outright and critized Jammeh and the source of that "gift". Yet, some
say, I guess it's ok.

I am with those that came outright to criticize and take Jammeh to task for
the source of that "gift".  Where did Yaya get the D1 million that he dished
out?  That should be of concern to any Gambian.  In his ten years, Yaya is
not known to own or create any patent.  His agricultural exploits and salary
does not justify that "gift".  So, Gambians, where did Jammeh get that money
from?  Folks, we do not need to dig far to come to the obvious and rational
conclusion of theft and corrupt practices.  The same source that gave him a
Zoo, aircraft, Mansion, fleets and fleets of cars, etc., is the same source
from which that D1 million came from.  If it is ok for him to dish out D1
million to the players, then why should we complain about his many other
spending sprees?  Ladies and gentlemen, if we are serious about tackling
corruption, we should attack it, even if the thief took some of the money to
heal the sick.  You know why, any endorsement of the actions of the thief
helps him to justify and rationalize his corruption, and that also feeds
into his appetite to steal more and find other ways to corrupt or pollute
the minds of the very people that need to stop him.  Thus, most Gambians
decide to focus on the victory and ignore the thief in the process.  Now,
from Banjul to Basse, folks have forgotten about the thief that is Yaya.

Yet, the country rejoiced just a couple of months ago, when Jammeh surprised
some of his former friends with a "Mid Night raid", accusing them of
corruption.  We all know that was a farce, but I'll leave the spineless to
battle their own demon.  How can Gambians know the biggest thief in Jammeh,
yet we like to play dead with ignorance?  Even what the Kangaroo Commission
came up with confirms what we knew all along that if you combined what all
of them are accused of stealing, what Yaya stole from us can lap them a
thousand fold.  Just look at the assets that Gambians see every day and
night that are around Jammeh.  Gambians also know that there exist two
embezzlement scams called Crude Oil I and II (in excess of half a billion
dollars), what happened to those?  We also know about the $30 million heist
between Jammeh and Ebou Jallow. What happened to that, can the Assembly tell
us?  We also know about the "Blood Diamond" trafficking.  How about the Zoo,
air plane, fleets of cars, farm equipment, etc.?  How about the hundreds
that were sent to Mecca over the 10 year period?  Does the expense to
religious corruption justify the theft?  How about the tens of millions of
Dalasis that Yaya and his wife dished out over the same period?  The plane
loads to the west to shop, rest, and create a mockery of the plight of our
people?  And so, Gambians have plenty of material to sentence this thief for
life and we will one day cross that bridge.  We have not even started to dig
around the world for his various stashes.  Thanks to the one thing that most
of the thieves in these African criminals are endowed with - Stupidity and
raw ignorance and arrogance, the disease that killed Doe, and others like
him.

Why do Gambians think that Lang was not tried?  How about the no sentence
they call a one year sentence?  Why would Lang steal more than $10 million,
in exchange for his two properties?  Remember Tarik Musa?  Who now owns TK
Motors?  Folks, this is the hidden side of the corruption that is Yaya.
Yaya knows and is part of Langs cleaning of our coffers and Yaya managed
Lang's realease with those mercinary judges and prosecutors.  That $10
million and more is with Jammeh and Gambians need to take him to task.  For
God sake, we have seen these judges slam a three year sentence for petty
criminals who took as little as a coalpot.  Yet the Prosecutor and the Judge
insult us with their congratulation of Lang for not wasting their time.
Lang did not only walk away free, he did not repay the money he stole, and
he paid not damages in fines for depreiving Gambians of their money.  This
is the kind of a joke we call the justice system.  The judges, prosecutors,
practitioners, and the criminals that come to them are one and the same.
Why are the masses not saying anything about that?  Fear and greed.

So, folks, are we serious about addressing the criminals and corruption in
The Gambia?  If we do, then we have to address Yaya's "gift" or bribe to the
players.  If he legally earned it, I say give them even more.  However, we
all know that is not the case and we cannot then rationalize the criminal
corrupting the minds of the citizens with that bribe.  I think Gambians are
more aware than that.

The fact that the majority in that country said zilch about the D1 million
bribe to the players shows how much Yaya negatively impacted the masses.
Everyone knows that Yaya is the biggest criminal there ever exist in the
Gambia, yet because of fear on the part of some (the many murders and
tortures), and greed on the part of many others, the clown is loose to lie
about his "super natural" powers and his close proximity to God that gave
Gambia victory.  Something he has no more control than his birth.  Many have
seen opportunity to get trinkets from the idiot, thus, they rejoiced to his
benovelence.  The million he bribed our brothers with is a drop in the
bucket of what the idiot is going to spend for his birthday and the grand
fraud and abuse festival at Kanilai.

Now, this same fool is not taking responsibility for the unending failures
under his abuse: the more than 200% devaluation of the dalasi and severe
inflationary pressures; corruption ranking first in expenses and losses;
marginalization and impovrishment of the farming community; worsening power
supply/no supply; worsening health and environmental crisis; massive
unemployment of the population; hundreds of murders/assasinations and
tortures; lack of productivity of the population; silencing of the private
media; and the oevrall decline in every sector of the society.  What has
this fool of a person got to say about these?  Now that the U-17 tournament
is over, are the hungry fed?  Have the farmers nuts been sold?  Has health
care improved?  Have salaries caught up with inflation? how many people are
employed in the aftermath?  How about power supply, has it improved?  And
inflation?  Taxes? Poverty? The one thing that has upscaled is the spending
spree and mockery of our citizens by Yaya, with his in house festivals and
self absorption binges.  So, who are the loosers?  We the people are.

Even though we all know that Yaya has shut out NADD from the air, seemingly
conscious Gambians are still fixated on blaming NADD for not being heard on
the air and in print.  They are also defacto enditing the Independent
Newspaper for not being able to be in circulation after Yaya burned down
their press.  That same pouting is fuzzing at Baboucarr Gay, George
Christensen, The Point and other news outlets for not being able to
effectively inform the people because of the brute force of Yaya.  NADD has
begun their campaign, do these people know how NADD was able to do that?
Yaya stole our coffers empty, control the air ways (not for Long though) and
the print media, unleash his security forces on journalists, yet some
pundits never fail to demand why NADD is not at par.  Does that comparison
make sense?  I don't think so?  Ask not what NADD (the people) is doing for
you, but rather, what you need to do for NADD?  NADD needs your voice and
moral support, and more importantly, you financial help.  Anything less is
just a waste of your and our time.  NADD is you, the people, and so, when
you point to what NADD is not doing, you are in essence telling us what you
need to do, but are not doing, as someone that want change.

Gambians know the thieves that are ruining our country and they are headed
by the chief thief that is Yaya the brute.  Thus, they are afraid because of
their close proximity to the jaws of the beast.  Then you have a crop that
thrieve on sycophancy to get by.  NADD is going to the people to give them
hope and all that want change should transition from ponditry to active
participation.  STGDP is going to open the air ways for NADD to the people
and no issue that deals with the ills of our country will be taboo.  We are
going to take Yaya on for the corruption and murderer that he is.  Folks,
NADD is you, and if you think NADD is weak, then guess what, you are saying
that about yourself, if you want change.

Chi Jaama

Joe

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい