GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"James Gomez Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 17:31:02 +0100
It is very likely that the confirmation hearing for Honorable Jackson McDonald, as the next U.S. Ambassador to Gambia will be rescheduled for mid-September instead of October. They have contacted Mr. McDonald regarding the request for him to meet with some in the Gambian community after his confirmation. The state Department has confirmed to me that once he is confirmed, they will contact me regarding a day and time for a meeting.

For those of you who have already contacted me about participating in the meeting, I still have you contact information and I will contact you as soon as everything is finalized. If anyone else is interested, they can send me a private email at [log in to unmask] I will be out of the country from August 26 to September 7th, to attend the United Nations World Conference Against Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia and Other Intolerance. The conference will be held in Durban, South Africa. If anybody on “L” is attending the conference, please send me a private email. Till then, KEEP HOPE ALIVE!

James Gomez, Jr.