GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Katim S. Touray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 20:05:09 -0800
Hi folks,

This posting from Mariatou Sonko, along with Soffie Ceesay's about recent firings of
civil servants in The Gambia reminds me of a TV commercial I used to see a number of
years ago.  The commercial used human dummies to demonstrate the importance of
remembering to buckle-up, and had the tag line:  "You can learn a lot from a dummy."

In the same vein, reading the contributions from Mariatou and Soffie has got me
thinking: we can learn a lot from our women.  It is really refreshing, and something
to be proud of, to see our sisters staking their claim in our daily dialog and
debates.  Further, they do so in a manner that many of us can, and should learn from.
Thanks so much for your sharing your thoughts and insights, and please keep it
coming.

Have a great weekend, and best wishes.

Katim