GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Y Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2008 18:17:16 -0500
Brothers & Sisters,

A Gambian friend of mine notified me of his decision to enlist in the US army soon. He have fears that he might fight unjustly (as is under the clown Bush administration) or get trapped in fighting Muslim nations.

I want to offer the best of advise to him. The closest I could gather on a research is Quranic chapters 4: 135 (Al-nisa) and 5:8 (Al-maidah)

(I) Under what conditions can he join the U.S army?
(II) Is this ok under Islamic law -Quran & Sunnah?
(III) How should he behave?

Please share your advise sincerely knowing this is a life-long matter for him, with emphasis on Quranic verses, sunnah, rulings from schools of thought, et cetera... You can post any answers here or e-mail them privately to my e-mail  [log in to unmask] I will compose all the answers for him -inshallahu.

Thanks for any well-researched information.

God bless!

YJ