GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
babucar jaata <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 08:04:05 +0000
Heool Saul,

Thank you for your message which I read on the GAMBIA-L.  I was very
interesting and holds a lot of sences.

However, the opinion for the possible president to me does not hold
facts and trust on the side of Mr. Sheriff
Mustapha Dibba former National Convention Party leader.

To me , becoming a an opposition leader or a president needs a lot of
qualities one of which is to brave as I
described it.  Sheriff was a recgonised opposition leader through out
the world since he resigned from the Jawara's
government in mid sixties or early seventies.

When the APRC came to power in july, they bad all the polical parties
including his and treathen to fined any one ban
for a fee of D1.000.000.00 or a life sentence if I got it right and he
being a coward shut his mouth , and this is not what is expected of him.

Look at oppositions like Nelson Mandela, Mr. Gandi, and lot of others
who despite many treats do not syop their campainge.  To me
apart from Jawara, Shriff had contributed a lot the Jammeh's success as
a president.  I feel he should refused the ban like what
Nelson Mandela did and we all see the outcome.

I do not need to talk about Sedia Jatta , but I knew that he had all
qualities to be crown as a president from all coners  even though
his party's concepts are not widely accepted by many Gambians.

I would have sited a lot more examples but I do not have much time and I
hope you will accept my contribution (as I called it) very
usefull and self explainatory.

LONG LIFE GAMBIA-L AND GAMBIA PEOPLES

Wish you all a nice RAMADAN.

your brother

Babucar Jaata   (Boye Neneh - Kombo Gunjur)