GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Malamin Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:30:35 +0000
Daddy Sang wrote:

"the fact that Mr. Roberts moved the counting to 18 days is in no way
criminal
because the act have not taken place and if it took place, an evidence of
fraud must be determined to call it a crime. Gabbi Roberts's move is at
best confusing and at worse smelly. Unless the Gambia is highly
computerize, on the spot counting will never happened. Lets give officials
a chance to perform their duties,after which we can accuse them of whatever
base on their handling of affairs."

If I understand you correct, you want us to wait till Yahya steals the
elections before we accuse Gabriel Roberts of being Partial. Mr, Roberts was
accused of helping Yahya steal the elections in 1996, he gave his word that
counting would be on the spot then turned around and changed after Yahya
said that would never happen. He also said money was already allocated to
allow Gambians in the diaspora to vote just tell us in the last minute that
it was not feasible. Now his (IEC) unilateral decision to drastically reduce
counting centers is about to make it easy for Yahya to steal the elections
again. After the nominations last week, he went on national media to
announce that even though the opposition presented twice as many names as
APRC does not mean anything. It was also allege that the IEC assisted Yahya
in bringing a Senegalese Polling company to conduct a poll for Yahya.
This Mr. Roberts needs to be challenged/watched his is not trustworthy at
all(within the IEC context). He is to be watched closely NOW not after the
elections. If the opposition isn't  vigilant towards to the IEC, Yahya will
win, the votes will not tally, and no court will overturn Yahya's victory.
Mr. Robert's family will not like what some people will say about him, but
his actions speaks for themselves.

Regards,
MJohnson