GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 06:49:42 -0400
Messrs Dibba, Camara & Jallow:

I want to thank you for a well awaited joint
statement that you great men sent to yahya
jammeh on behalf on your respective parties.
I wish you the best of luck in engaging Gambians.

Now that you have started the ball rolling, I hope
you can unban yourselves rather than wait for
the dictator to rescind decree 89.  By all
consideration, the moron will wait until a month
before the elections to unban you.  This in reality
will not give you enough time to campaign.

In another development, I hope you three can come
together as symbolism of greater moments you
had in the early 70s.  You must remember that many
of us who are engaged in this struggle were students
of your respective parties.  I also hope the following
can join you: LK Jabang, Landing Jallow Sonko, Dembo
Jatta, Amulai Janneh, Jibbou Jagne, Ebrima Janko Sanyang,
Yahya Ceesay, Babung Phatty, and the rest of former
politicians who are denied the right to political
democracy.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh
Greensboro,NC/Kombo East Constituency.