GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 12:33:00 GMT
Anyone wondering why people like myself dislike the AFRC govt, should read
this story and multiply it by thousands. A govt that creates a climate where
anyone in uniform can take the law into his or her hands w/ impunity
deserves to be thrown out.

The tragedy of Gambian life is that stories like this are treated as if
they're normal. How can policemen savagely attack and beat a small boy for
no apparent reason. Where is the public out-cry or similar protest? The sad
fact is, unless the victim is a blood relative, most Gambians simply won't
bat an eye lid. What a shame!

Saul.