GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 13:08:30 +0000
It is unfortunate for a source in the heart of the Government to accuse
me for being collaborating with treacherous regime of Yaya Jammeh
because of my clarification on city limit fm. I belief in freedom of
expression and that means He/She have a right to His/Her opinion. But
the rule are that one should be objective even when your ideas are
radical or critical. Mr source in the heart of the government, your
biggest myths of the century is to associate me with the
'pseudo-democractic' regime of Jammeh and hisAPRC government. My posting
to the readership of the gambia-l on issues of democracy and human right
is a clear manifestation to let you know that I am not among the elites
that have and are still strengthening the hands of the evil.
Mr source from the heart of the government, I am not in the payrolls of
Jammeh's government or his APRC party.I have no intention to work for a
government of such caliber. Apart from my political maturity, I have
moral ethics and intellectual sense od direction to issues of politic
and that is what is lacking in public service.It is today characterized
with miscommunication, misdirection and mutual confusion.
Having good working relation with Ebrima Ceesay in good all days with Mr
best at the Daily Observer I alway refer to him as the torch bearer of
Gambian journalism.We have share many issues of discussion since the
unfortunate incident of July 1994. I think ebrima knows my concern for a
better free from corrupt and dictatorial government of Yaya Jammeh.The
present evolution of the events in our country as justify what Zaya
Yarbo wrote in his book about the coup of 1994:- State of fear in
paradise: military coup in the Gambia and its implication for democracy.

It is the duty of all Gambians to struggle for the restoration od
democracy in our country but these can not be possible without not
eliminating the state of fear that engulf the elites.
BY: Abdou Karim Sanneh