GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 16:00:53 EDT
Essa Bokar Sey,
    With respect to the ilk of your kind and the rest of Jammeh's
"intellectual" apologists, I will be preaching to the deaf about Jammeh's
banditry and his loutish philistines who are currently posing as our nation's
"law enforcement officers." I wonder whether you and your type did have a
wink of sleep yesterday as you begin to do what you do best; deny Jammeh's
criminality.
    For all that it is worth, no one will mourn your demands to be
unsubscribed from the List. What a good self riddance! We are less one pocket
filling deadwood Jammeh Crony who has no conscience from Gambia-L.
    Ambassador the least you could [or the rest of the civilian lackeys
pimping for Jammeh] for yourself is to protest out loudly against this
current display of barbarity by your regime and resign with the little
integrity you would be lucky to be left with. If any thing your type are
guilty by associating with a man like Jammeh who would stop at nothing to
murder, maim and plunder Gambians and the Gambia alike. The fact that you
could come online and rattle off that absurd pantomime self serving nonsense
tells me you have no scruples and would only see the light when Jammeh boots
you out, something that is inevitable when you are no longer useful to him.
Aha, then you begin to reason and realise why people like Saul Saidykhan are
full of hatred for these trigger happy philistines masquerading as democrats
in the Gambia today. But then the doors to salvation would have been shut and
you would be left out there in the cold with your baggage of guilt, all
alone. Be forewarned the day of reckoning is not far away for Jammeh and all
those who have/are contributed/contributing to rot our country. The student
demonstrations are the beginning of a beginning; the beginning of an end. An
end to all the rapid deterioration you have caused the Gambia. A harbinger to
the final episodes of the endless nightmares your ugly regime has unleashed
on Gambians. Enough is enough! The People just can't take the pressure and
brutal orgies no more. And would stand up to tyranny as was evinced by
yesterday's demonstrations
    As it is/happened, you have blood on your hands as you come online to
massage the truth with half truths and endless spins about what happened.
What possible reason would soldiers have in shooting at point blank students,
who at any rate, are not armed to the teeth as the soldiers were? AND FOR YOU
TO SUBTLY LAY BLAME AT THE DOORSTEP OF THE STUDENTS FOR THE SHOOT-OUT IS THE
ULTIMATE INSULT TO OUR INTELLIGENCE!! Essa Bokar Sey, you should just be
ashamed of yourself!!! As fresh reports from the grapevine reach me, it is
said that the Veep on the orders of Jammeh himself, ordered their shooting
during an Emergency Cabinet meeting. And to think that once upon a time,
Hamjatta Kanteh kept saying to anyone who would listen that Isatou Njie Saidy
was the best thing to happen to the Jammeh administration. Let me be a
hypocrite and recant that.
    To keep denying Jammeh's murderous reign or his unsuitability for the
Gambia, would put you in the same camp [or worse] as Irving the Right Wing
Historian and Holocaust denier. As I write this, news is on everywhere how he
had lost his case at the Old Bailey; branded a racist and a Holocaust denier
by the presiding judge. Not to mention that his reputation lays in tatters. I
hope you take cue from this cos as they say, truth crushed to the ground have
a subliminal and defiant way of rising and standing tall again.
    To you and the rest of your fellow opportunist travellers and Jammeh
Lackeys, I say this to before you go beyond salvation: QUIT PIMPING FOR
JAMMEH AND LISTEN TO THAT INNER VOICE IN YOUR CONSCIENCES THAT ASKS YOU WHAT
IT BENEFITS YOU TO GAIN THIS WORLD ONLY TO LOSE YOUR SOUL [IF YOU HAVE ANY]
AND RESIGN WITH THE LITTLE GRACE YOU STILL HAVE LEFT.
    As my Jamaican neighbours cogently like to put it, can't say you've never
been warned Mr Ambassador. Till then keep massaging the truth with half
truths and endless spins. No imaginable earthly or mortal force can block
your day of reckoning from reaching us. I hope that salves your conscience.
Hamjatta Kanteh