GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ginny Quick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 07:49:15 -0600
Hello, my question is self-explanatory.  Is there anyone who thinks
Darbo / Bah/s exit from NADD was the right thing to do?  If so, why?

     Because if the Gambia Post / L is anything to go by, Darbo sure
isn't a very likeable character, or if he was, we've all been sorely
mistaken about him.

     I'd venture to say most of us did not want to see NADD fail.  But
if most of the reaction online is anything to go by, Darbo is becoming
quite the dispised person these days.  And I just would like to know
if there is anyone who agrees with Darbo's decision, and if they do,
why is this?

     I also want to state something...  Some have said that by some of
my questions / statements / assertions, that I "support" the UDP.
Well, firstly, I don't "support" anyone, and even if I did, my
"supporting" wouldn't mean anything, since I have no power, as a
non-Gambian, to affect any kind of change.  It's not like I can vote
for the guy or anything.  I guess it would be like someone here living
in the US who "supported" the Democratic Part here, but they couldn't
vote.  Of course, I guess you could donate financially, but as for me,
I've not donated specifically, to the UDP, and I do not intend to do
so at this point.

     I also want to say that I was at the Midwest Gambian Association
Conference, and I saw Ousainou Darbo speak, and I just wasn't impessed
with him.  I'm not saying that he wasn't well-spoken, or intelligent,
or anything like that, I just wasn't impressed with some of the things
he said.

     Even if I don't agree with some of his statements / actions, I
also don't want to see him unnecessarily maligned or villified either,
simply becuase people are angry / frustrated about the direction NADD
has taken, or because they have some other ax to grind.

     I think that there were serious problems with NADD's cohesion way
before Darbo resigned.  And the "leaking " of inside information /
bits and pieces of conversations from closed-door NADD meetings sure
didn't help.  There sure seem to be a lot of people with a lot of
hidden agendas, and it's not just Darbo either!

     Anyway, that's all I gotta say.

Ginny

--
Visit my blog at:  http://quickgm28.blogs.com/ginnys_thoughts_and_thing/