GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"MUSA A.PEMBO" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 08:38:27 -0800
FROM THE MIMBAR OF HOLY HARAM IN

MAKKAH AND MADINA

(Friday, February 16, 2001)

PILGRAMS URGED TO PERFORM HAJ WITH SINCERITY, DEVOTION FOLLOWING THE PROPHET.

The Imams and Khateebs of the Two Holy Mosques in Makkah and Madina in this week's Friday Sermon, urged Muslims to be pious, maintain regular worship to Allah Almighty, and offer good deeds that keep them closer to Him.

IN MAKKAH

The Imam and Khateeb of the Grand Mosque in Makkah Sheikh Dr. Salih Bin Abdullah Bin Hemaid, in his Friday Sermon (February 16, 2001), spoke about the virtues and merits of pilgrimage (Haj) which he described it as a great act of worship that encompasses varieties of devotions, including sacrifices of self, wealth and intellect. He advised intending pilgrims to make necessary provisions and preparations for this great obligation of Islam, Haj.

Each and everyone should get himself or herself prepared for the performance of this religious obligation, and to learn more about the requirements of a perfect Haj and the means and method of performing the rites and devotions. All should know that Allah accepts only the sincerest and most genuine of all good works.

Sheikh Bin Hemaid advised pilgrims to be keen on lawful grain, and wondered how could one hope for Allah's acceptance of works of devotion accomplished through unlawful means? Worshipers should curb their desired and be submissive to His command. They should humbly ask for God's help while standing before Him, he said.

He further said pilgrims must choose good companions who are righteous, devout and God-fearing. The Talbiyah they chant must be a declaration of God's supreme authority, oneness, and exclusive power over everything. Pilgrims must offer prayers regularly, do good, give alms and call for God's way in the most appropriate and benevolent manner, he said.

He referred to the honor bestowed on the government and people of third country to serve the pilgrims, and said the rules of this country genuinely work to help the pilgrims perform their religious rites in maximum ease and comfort.

IN MADINA

In Madina, the Imam and Khateeb of the Prophet's Mosque, Sheikh Ali Bin Abdul Rahman Al-Hedhaifi in his Friday Sermon declared that God's worship cannot be fulfilled except through genuine intention and sincerity as the work and deed, describing sincerity as the work emanating from the heart and devoted to Allah and His Prophet who bless and purify good deeds.

He said genuineness and sincere advice to rulers, and following the community of Muslims remedy the heart from hypocrisy, envy and evil. He called on Muslims to be pious to God, at all times and keep good kinship relation, and demonstrate true repentance.

Sheikh Al-Hedhaifi warned against the wrath of God, and said that can be avoided by refraining from unlawful and forbidden things, and following the example of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his venerable companions in worship and good works.

The Holy Qur'an says:

O ye who believe! obey Allah and obey the Apostle and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves refer it to Allah and His Apostle if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day: that is best and most suitable for final determination. (Surah An-Nisaa: Ayat 59)

Prophet Muhammad's (peace be upon him) sayings:(Hadith)

Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that While the Prophet (Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) was saying something in a gathering; a Bedouin came and asked him, "When would the Hour (Doomsday) take place?" Allah's Apostle continued his talk, so some people said that Allah's Apostle had heard the question, but did not like what that Bedouin had asked. Some of them said that Allah's Apostle had not heard it. When the Prophet (Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) finished his speech, he said, "Where is the questioner, who inquired about the Hour (Doomsday)?" The Bedouin said, "I am here, O Allah's Apostle." Then the Prophet (Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) said, "When honesty is lost, then wait for the Hour (Doomsday)." The Bedouin said, "How will that be lost?" The Prophet (Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) said, "When the power or authority comes in the hands of unfit persons, then wait for the Hour (Doomsday.)" (Sahih Al-Bukhari).

Narrated by Abdullah ibn Masud (may Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet (Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) said, "Do not wish to be like anyone except in two cases. (The first is) A person, whom Allah has given wealth and he spends it righteously; (the second is) the one whom Allah has given wisdom (the Holy Qur'an) and he acts according to it and teaches it to others." (Fateh-al-Bari page 177 Vol. 1) (Sahih Al-Bukhari).

Narrated by Humran (the slave of 'Uthman) (may Allah be pleased with him) I saw 'Uthman bin 'Affan (may Allah be pleased with him) asking for a tumbler of water (and when it was brought) he poured water over his hands and washed them thrice and then put his right hand in the water container and rinsed his mouth, washed his nose by putting water in it and then blowing it out. Then he washed his face and forearms up to the elbows thrice, passed his wet hands over his head and washed his feet up to the ankles thrice. Then he said, "Allah's Apostle said 'If anyone Performs ablution like that of mine and offers a two-rak'at prayer during which he does not think of anything else (not related to the present prayer) then his past sins will be forgiven.' " After performing the ablution 'Uthman said, "I am going to tell you a Hadith which I would not have told you, had I not been compelled by a certain Holy Verse (the sub narrator 'Urwa said: This verse is: 'Verily, those who conceal the clear signs and the guidance which we have sent down...)' (Surah 2, Ayat 159).

DU'A (Invocations)

Oh Allah! Guide me together with those You have guided, and strengthen me together with those to whom You have given strength. Take me into Your care together with those You have taken into Your care. Bless me in what You have given me. Protect me from the evil You have ordained. Surely You command and are not commanded, and none whom You have committed to Your care shall be humiliated (and none whom You have taken as an enemy shall taste glory). You are Blessed, Our Lord, and Exalted.

Oh Allah! I Seek protection in Your pleasure from Your discontent. I seek protection in Your Forgiveness from Your punishment. I seek protection in You from You. I cannot count Your praises, You are as You have praised Yourself.

Oh Allah! You alone do we worship and to You address our prayers and bow down prostrate. You we hasten to worship and to serve. Our hope is for Your mercy and our fear is to for Your punishment. Surely Your punishment of the disbelievers is at hand. Oh Allah! we seek Your help and Your Forgiveness, and we praise You beneficently. We deny You not and believe in You. We surrender to You and renounce whoever disbelieves un You.

Oh Allah! I am Your slave and the son of Your slaves. My fate is in your Hands. Your judgment upon me is assured. Justice upon me is Your command. I ask You by every Name You have taken for Yourself, revealed in Your Book, taught any one of Your creation or taken unto Yourself in the realm of the unknown, to make the Qur'an the spring of my heart, and the light of my breast, the banisher of my sadness and the reliever of my despondency.

(Who say), "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed You are the Bestower."

"Our Lord, surely You will gather the people for a Day about which there is no doubt. Indeed, Allah does not fail in His promise."

Spread the Message of Allah