GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dave Manneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 May 2002 05:22:29 +0100
Sanyang don't you think those children should be more concerned about
the moralities of their parents for serving in that govt? I know I would.
I would be much more concerned and ashamed that my parents take orders from
a child murderer
than what choice of words an uncouth "baby-not-even-out-of-nappies-yet"
rightly chucks at them.

If I or my parents do something deserving of having insults hurled at us
then I/they deserve it,
and that's how I see it. These things do not come out of a void and I
seriously think this notion that in the Gambian culture, an older person
should be left alone and not scolded even if he/she is wrong is totally
ridiculous and could in fact be the cause of our present
predicaments/problems.

Like I constantly try to make others understand, those people have a choice
and that choice is very clear cut, they are either with the murderers or
against them and this goes for anyone even if they happen to be as old as
Methuselah. One is either comfortable with Jammeh's murderous ways or one is
not, and the jackal and hide tactic should not wash with anyone.

Thanx and good luck in your endeavours
Manneh

NB:- By the way I do not have a problem learning a thing or two from others,
even
the person happens to be Edi Sidibeh, so I thank him for teaching me a new
word today,
hahahaha:-)