GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 19:51:05 EDT
Amie:
Thanks for your comments.  To be honest, I really don't care too much for
either candidate. The "Republicrats" (Democrats and Republicans) will always
run America the same way they always have.

Al Gore has been caught in blatant lies one too many times.  His claims to
have invented the Internet border on the actions of a pathological liar.  He
seems to have learned that behavior well from his boss.  Then there is the
issue of the fuzzy math and all with his explanantions of tax cuts etc.

George, on the other hand, is too "Texas" in my opinion.  I live in the South
West and I've hung out with Tequila guzzling Texan cowboys from El Paso and
such. Don't mistake me, I don't mind these type of people but their opinions
surely do not jive with mine.  "Just a difference in opinion" as George
"Dubya" puts it.

According to the numbers, George is a few % points ahead of Al.  The
Northeast states tend to have strong democratic support.  But once you leave
that area and move a bit further West and South, the opinions tend to change
a bit in favor of the GOP.

Maybe the minority (African American and Hispanic) and women voters will
swing the balance in AL Gore's favor come election day.