GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 21:02:01 EDT
Ebou,

I know you directed this to Yus, but I just wanted to throw in my two cents
since i sent the original commentary. I am sure that it would be naive beyond
belief for anyone to asume that commentary such as I or others have offered
means we thinkAnnan is all powerful in his job because as you rightly pointed
out, he does have to walk a tight rope. However, it is easy for anyone to
assume an office and become a rubber stamp.Comments like mine are given in
the hope that every once in a great while, someone who strives to do the
right thing despite the constraints of the office will come along. it is
those souls who oftentimes shake and move things forward, but there are not
too many of them unfortunately.

Jabou Joh