GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Madiba Saidy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 17:18:43 -0700
Hi Mansour,

Why do you hope that I have a contrary view to the hypothesis below?? I
think it is a heck of a hypothesis if the following fundamental
assumptions are true:

1. That promiscuity is a genetic trait
2. That it is heritable
3. That it is not sex-linked

At any rate, it is unlikely that an analytical solution will be available
considering the complexity of the issues involved. For example, a
geneticist would consider gene mutation and/or crossovers important... An
economist might consider capturing this with a poisson arrival process.
Right there you have in your hands Stochastic Differential Equations. Do
you really want me to complicate it further with chemical equations??

However, I have reason to believe that male promiscuity is a learned
behaviour. Just like homosexuality, there is nothing genetic about it. The
environment is the chief designer!!

Have a nice day!

Madiba.