GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bulli Dibba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:12:35 CST
MR. BARROW;
Please take a deep breath and don't rush to judgment.In politics people
agree to disagree, even people of the same party can disgree on variety of
issues.Consider this as an example, during the last U.S. presidential
campaign AL. Gore and Bill Bradley were capaigning from different sides of
the fence,it was bitter and nasty but after the primaries they left their
differences behind and worked as a team to defeat Bush.Simmerly George W.
Bush and Senator John McCain of Arrizona became what many would perceive as
great political enemies, but today Americans are not debating or talking
about what took place during the presidential campaign.The former U.S
defence secretary Bill Cohen was a Republican but served under a democratic
president.Another example is in Israel, prime minister Baraq and foreign
minister Simon Peresh are from different parties and have different
political ideologies yet they work together by putting national interest
before personal interest.In Senegal the sitting president Abdoulie Wadda
served under the then president Joof.Therefore it is not strange for people
from different political parties to come together and serve their people
post election time.
Mr. Barrow it is good to wait and see what happens next between the two
gentlemen.We do not have enough information out there yet for us to come to
any conclusion. Do you remember back in early 1990s when S.M. Dibba and the
former president Jawara had several tete-a-tetes and speculations arose in
the Gambia that Dibba was going to abandon the NCP. and join the PPP. That
never happened because the two could not agree on principle.I can assure
you that if it happens this time, then it would be based on principles and
national interest but not personal gains.
Mr. Barrow,you may not know who sheriff Dibba is but believe me he is a
descent person.You may ask some other folks even within the PPP or within
the UDP who know him better,he is a man of priciple,honest with great
personality and also a disciplinarian.He has Gambia at heart.He would never
sacrifice what he stood for nor would he abandon NCP.
I am surprised that you chatergorized Dibba's reasons for the likelihood of
his working together with Yahya to develop the Gambia as insidious.He did
not say in his interview that he was going to abondon the NCP and join the
APRC. Maybe you need to revisit the issue and read Dibba's statements
carefully without any prejudice.
Mr. Barrow do you believe that S.M. Dibba has been invited by the former
president Jawara on several occasions to join the PPP?
Do you believe that Kukoi Samba Sanyany made a visit to S.M.Dibba and asked
him to join the rebellion?
Do you believe that Dibba was charged with treason following the 1981
rebellion and wrongfully detained for eleven months?
Did you know that Dibba has been an opposition for twenty six years?
Do you really regard Dibba as a selfish individual?
If all Gambians were like Dibba, then we would have less to worry aboout in
the Gambia today.

Finaly Mr. Barrow, you are entitled to your views and I would I would
respect you for that.Please don't take it personal and don't let my
comments offend you by any means.You have made interesting observation that
caught my attention.

Thank you and God bless you

Bulli  Dibba