GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:37:32 +0100
He said most Movement supporters are illiterates who fought the bush war when the elite stayed on their jobs or fled the country.

"I couldn't employ Movement cadres in big offices so we continued using the old civil servants who don't support us," he said. "We will defeat them because their actions are in vain."