GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 06:50:30 PDT
Karamba & Ousman,

Thanks for your comments on the above subject. They were most appreciated. I
must also take the opportunity to thank both of you for  the useful postings
you've been sending to the L. As brother Basirou Dodou Drammeh would often
say, "keep up the good work down there."

Karamba, actually, we did meet before. You met me in Dakar, Senegal,
(although I forgot the exact year/date, late 80s), but you had come to see
your brother, Alassan Ceesay, whose dad is my father's younger brother.

You had stayed with me at my aunt's residence in "H.L.M Fass", just a
stone's throw from the monument. It is a small world!! We are all one
family!!

Ousman, I was addressing a large group of very conscious black brothers and
sisters who were born in the UK, but with parents who came to "Great"
Britain, in the late 40s and early 50s, from the Caribbean.

Mr Bojang, I do have some ideas/thoughts on how inter-trade could work in
Africa, but since you've invited some of the economists on the L to
address/comment on  the issue, I'll wait for their views on the
issue/subject before coming up with mine.

Dr Janneh, I read your piece, captioned "Continuity and Change in Gambian
Affairs, 1994-99", and I did like/welcome your proposal.

In fact, I am presently working on a piece on the current political
developments in the Gambia - requested by someone here with interest in
Africa/Gambia - in which I would be assessing Jammeh's five years in public
office.

Perhaps, when it is finished, I should post a watered-down version of the
article to the L, in order avoid provoking unnecessary confrontation on the
L.

It is a pity that I now have to censor myself when it comes to posting
certain sensitive articles to the L. But, for the moment, I think that is
the best thing to do.

Cheers and have a great weekend!!

Ebrima Ceesay,
Birmingham, UK.