GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Fatoumata <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fatoumata <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 01:41:38 +0100
Folks,

Lets give the credit t who deserves it!!!
Why all this cry about flagbearer when the right person is there before our
eyes? Why not Halifa Sallah?
First, I believe when NADD was created, it was a general consensus to
nominate him as coordinator. Since this was done, Halifa has been
exceptionally competent in managing the affairs of NADD. In fact he has
sacrificed all his time just for this. He has invested a lot has shown great
humility when all the others were thinking of presenting themselves as
possible candidates. I guess we intend to give NADD the opportunity to
create a democratic environment but we also intend to make the flagbearer a
respecful hardworking but a novice (in the sense that he has never contested
for the presidency before). Remember Halifa was nominated by consensus, so
why cant he be nominated again by consensus to lead NADD. This is no real
presidency i presume if i understood the MOU but a interim who will help
build a democratic set up in the Gambia for the future.

Long live Halifa Sallah as flagbearer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Long live NADD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Long live the Gambia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 28/02/06, Kejau Touray <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> [ This e-mail is posted to Gambia|Post e-Gathering by "Kejau Touray" <
>

> Fellas,
>
> Let all peace loving Gambians rally behind Halifa Sallah, our manna form
> God!
>

> Kejau
>

> >From: "fra barber" <[log in to unmask]>
> >To: <[log in to unmask]>
> >Subject: [>-<] JUWARA, HALIFA  VIE FOR FLAG-BEARER AS   OJ WITHDRAWS
> >Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:00:02 -0000
> >

> >NADD Imbroglio:
> >Juwara, Halifa Vie for Flag-bearer as OJ Withdraws
> >Monday 27th February 2006
> >By Pap Saine
> >As the struggle for power among the ranks of the National Alliance for
> >Democracy and Development (NADD) continues unabated, Lamin Waa Juwara, an
> >executive member of the alliance, yesterday tabled his bid for the party
> >flag-bearer in the October 2006 presidential elections, while Omar
> Jallow,
> >another executive member, declared his withdrawal from the alliance.
> >The dramatic development took place yesterday during a meeting of NADD's
> >executive members at the party's headquarters in Serekunda, sources
> >informed The Point.
> >According to sources, Omar Jallow (OJ), the interim leader of the
> People's
> >Progressive Party (PPP), initially withdrew his candidature as NADD's
> >flag-bearer.
> >Our sources added that the position of party flag-bearer is now between
> >Halifa Sallah and Lamin Waa Juwara.
> >It was further intimated that by the end of this week, the flag-bearer
> >crisis in NADD would be put to rest, as the alliance would formally and
> >finally name a candidate to stand in the forthcoming elections.
> >It would be recalled that two strong political parties, the UDP and the
> >NRP, last month broke ranks with the almighty opposition alliance, NADD.

> Are you using the latest version of MSN Messenger? Download MSN Messenger
> 7.5 today! http://messenger.msn.co.uk
>

> ----------------------------gambiapost.NET------------------------------
> ------LATEST NEWS FROM THE GAMBIA, NOW AT:>>-------
> http://www.gambiapost.net/newspaper
> _ |              FREE HALIFA SALLAH            | _
> / / |         OMAR OJ JALLOW , HAMAT BAH &       | \ \
> (((\ \ | / /       ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS      < \ | / /)))

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい