GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou S Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 01:55:39 +0200
Mr. Badou Jobe,

In one of Oko's earlier postings he wrote:

"We cannot build the future without knowing the past.
It is hypocritical to say that we are all brothers and sisters and that we must not talk amongst ourselves but keep our mouths shut and leave things the way they are and everything is fine. Africa has been going on too long in this trend. We need a new approach to our problems and
frustrations, in a respectful and intelligent way, for the way forward".

It was this position of Oko Drammeh's that I declared my agreement with. Perhaps my formualtion was unfortunate, in which case I must say clearly that I did not mean to hold you personally as a social problem. Far from it. Besides, I am convinced that others who commented on my opinion did so in support of the said view, not necessarily in support of Oko's version of the causes of differences within Ifang Bondi.

It is encouraging though, to notice that both Oko Drammeh and yourself seemed to have geared up to enlighten us more and provide fresh insights into the Gambian music industry in a less tense note. Please, let us continue the discussion in that spirit.

Sincerely,
Momodou S Sidibeh