GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 2003 16:08:51 -0400
GREETINGS TO ALL FELLOW GAMBIANS --- FROM AGERA !!!
Fellow Gambians,
                          Agera is glad an honoured by your presence in Atlanta for the Summit, and has learned through your positive contributions how we as a people in the Diaspora can make a difference to our beloved country. As an organization in its
infancy , we try to let our community know that we did not have the answers and solutions to all our problems. But we hold the conviction that with little help from each
an everyone of us in the Diaspora ; we can contribute towards change for the better.
We feel proud to hear and read how we could improve some things and some constructive criticisms , in some other areas . This is healthy and worthy of our intellegensia , but more so to the ordinary common people we work with on a day to day basis. We listened w! ell to the concerns of some these people who in essence
we promised to serve ; and whose efforts help create this association .
The symposium and other activities were all part of the package we decided could help cater to this great family reunion; and enhance that cohesive bond amongst us as a people.We are one people, one nation, one family, and one destiny.
In addition to the Symposium, there was a Live T.V. Program on Sunday evening which many people did not see ; because of the events at the stadium. This program
was called "GAMBIA TODAY" , and seen on Atlanta's People T.V.(channel 24), and
Comcast (channel 25) both which have a viewing audience of approximately half a
million people. Because of the time schedule , representatives from UDP and NRP
were unable to participate in it due to their departure time. However, PDOIS,PPP,
and NDAM were the participants in this one hour Live public Television show.
The producers were so glad to have them on their program and admittedly surprised,
that the amicable bond between them was mesmirising to them .They did not curs! e at each other , nor swear at each other ; and took turns to address the questions thrown at them. The program producer commented that this short of thing has never
happened in any of his programs; or any he has seen between various political parties on one T.V. program.

We would like to thank Sister Kura Njie and Brother Maila Touray for their execellent
presentations ; and also the Gambia-Post and Gambia/L for their help in dessiminating
the information to the public. This in essence reminds us our tradtional sayings that , when we all work for the common good the end results can be positive.We hope that we can continue to organize, communicate,learn from each and find ways to help our communities and above all our beloved country.Peace !!! Thanks Everyone !!!

                            Sainey Faye (Program Co-ordinator/AGERA)

The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.                        (Choose Folder) MailGuard SentMail Trash

        Back to: Inbox

© 2000 BellSouth Telecommunications, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Legal Notices and Privacy Statement.