GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sidi Sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 22:38:27 -0500
Mr. Saidy,

Thank you for kicking off by posting Mr. Ndanusa's presentation. My
contribution will be forthcoming in the next few days and most certainly
before I go on mission to east Africa mid-week.  It may take the form of an
abridged version of my contribution to the last June's Workshop on
Divestiture in Banjul organised by the Department (Ministry) of Finance
with Sahel Invest( a first-rate consulting firm whole-owned and operated by
Gambian professionals, Abdoulie "Bax" Touray, Abdou Njie, Mam Lie Sey
el.al.)doing the coordination and providing intellectual input.  The
quality of the discussions was impressive indeed.  I tip my hat to these
and the numerous participants ranging from Secreatries of States,PSs, MDs
of p
arastatals, National Assembly members,civil society to, of course,
private operators.

I will come back to the topic, as promised, shortly. Meanwhile. Basil hold
your fire. Sloans and Mr. Saul Khan("soul brothers", I see) please feel
free to join in.  Mr. Jeng, your usual thoughtful ideas which always add
value to the discussions is solicited. Ebrima, for now, keep providing the
commentary on the CAF football tournament. Have you picked the winner yet?
I suspect, you have; I will have to search for it.

Sidi Sanneh