GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pasamba Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 20:34:49 -0800
Tombong,
Thanks for the post. The soccer community are faced with a critical task of electing from two candiates who have and continue to contribute imensely in soccer. Gabby Sosseh has made tremendous contribution in soccer starting with Ports Authority FC to Mass Sosseh Fc and he had always been ready to help other teams in the league and nawetans around the country. With Bai Malleh, we will have a contraversial but efficient young blood to lead the league. In 1993-94 he started Hellam under 16 team which had such talents like EBOU SILLAH, I had the opportunity of travelling with the team to Senegal to play e'cole de Cherno Youm, his plans to have the team compete in the Dallas soccer tournament was blocked by the GFA technical committee. I only hope that Bais will be elected primarily because we need young blood to the run the Game now.
Whomever is elected should work to expose the players beyound the borders and to make the leagues more competitive. One important factor should be to help the teams financially. As a former trainer and executive member of Flamemins and the Coach of Serekunda west, i can attest to the fact that the main problem of Gambian soocer is the financial aspect. We have the talent, but lack the equipments such as Soccer booths, balls and in some cases uniforms. This is why poor teams like Flamemins lose players to Walidan and Hawks and recently Real. Some very good teams like Augustinians, Young Africans are lost due to this problem. Please tell Malleh that he has my support.
Pasamba Jow Coach

Ps. please forward me Malleh's phone# so that i can talk to him.Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com