GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:42:45 -0400
Ebrima, I can assure you that one does NOT have to read deep between the
lines or be a rocket scientist to know what is going on here. This is
NOTHING but an illustration of a Party in DISARRAY. APRC is FINISHED. I just
received word that they had a disastrous rally in Barra yesterday. Few
people attended to listen to Yaya. And guess what the moron was busy talking
about. Gutter politics. Character assassination. I understand that even
staunch Yaya supporters were saying that they were embarrassed by his
utterances (as if they have any shame left in them). The moron was on
national TV (courtesy of Tombong, who has been reduced to ‘musa melentan’)
mocking the Opposition and likening Opposition leaders to ‘hungry people in
Somalia’. According to Yaya, the Gambians should NOT vote for the Opposition
because the Opposition leaders are ‘skinny’. Is this man well? I got to tell
you that if this lunatic is NOT leashed, we are in for big trouble. This man
ought to be chained, kicking and screaming, and dumped at ‘Campama’.

The man is nut case. People like Darboe and Waa Juwara are among the
luckiest people in the country when it comes to being able to afford a
living. If according to Yaya, these leaders are malnourished, I wonder what
he would say to our farmers that have to struggle nowadays to eat two square
meals a day. Is this how Yaya intends to win the election? Going around and
lying about how people are feeding themselves. Instead of defending the
abysmal APRC record (of high prices of basic commodities such as rice, oil,
sugar etc) or talking about plans for the future of our country, the moron
is busy talking about these silly things. ‘Gambians should not vote for
Ousainou Darboe because he is skinny’. I have NEVER encountered such a
knucklehead as Yaya in my life.

Ebrima, now the vermin’s only hope lies in Gabriel Roberts. That is why it
is important that the Opposition takes Gabriel Roberts on and let him know
in no uncertain terms that there is no way he is going to steal these
elections. We are NOT just talking about boycott here. Come October 19,
2001, there ought to be a new government headed by Ousainou Darboe. The
Opposition should NOT settle for anything less than that. If Gabriel Roberts
CANNOT supervise a free, fair and transparent election, tough for Yaya. Once
his mandate is over, he should be kicked out of the State House. Enough is
enough.

The vermin are feeling the heat left, right and center. You can vividly see
the infighting going on in their camp. As your Source indicated, Buba Baldeh
just plunged the dagger in Tombong’s back. The Observer (APRC DAILY) piece
was even more critical of Tombong’s administration of GRTS than I was the
other day. At least I only mentioned his ‘attaya vous’ and his ‘mobile
phone’ business. This article from Buba Baldeh is accusing Tombong of
corruption among other things. Can you imagine the dirty tricks the vermin
are up to? Tombong fights back by publicizing the IEC rebuttal of the
Observer story about the ‘counting centers’. Rest assured that Tombong made
sure that Yaya knows that Buba Baldeh also screwed up with his premature
report of Gabriel Roberts’ shenanigans. Ebrima, the vermin can make Brutus
look like a saint. They are like children fighting over candy. In the coming
days watch out for how Fatoumatta Jahumpa is going to be jettisoned. The
APRC house is on fire and it is only going to continue to burn to the
ground.

APRC have NOTHING to offer to the Gambian people. Tombong gives Yaya
unrestricted audience on GRTS for the moron to talk about nothing but
people’s weight. Pathetic. Let’s wait and see between Tombong and Buba
Baldeh who will be left standing.
KB