GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Asbjørn Nordam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 00:24:11 +0200
Friends,
can other sources in the Gambia confirm the information, please.
And then I´m asking: is this legal ? Can foreign soldiers, troops operate in
The gambia, even as bodyguards for the president. Can non-gambians serve in
states-military, policeforce, paramilitary, NIA etc. ?
I think that even the presidential security-forces are employed and payed by
the Gambian state, and not by the president himself. Then it´s the state
which employ them. Can The Gambia legally insert or employ foreign soldiers
?.  I´m asking, who can answer ?
Asbjørn Nordam