GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
abdoukarim sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:25:18 -0800
We can drag into intellectual discussion remembering the first and second world world is nothing order than colonialism. The war in what ever form it was fought is imperial domination. The end of the war those  not mean that some countries have their independence on silver plate. Was the war mean to end colonial rule in our countries or to fight for imperial domination. The agenda was set become the war. Scramble and partition. Nation which where disadvantage become advocate of the war.

Sanusi Owens <[log in to unmask]> wrote:No problem !!!

However, I don`t think it is easy for us to brand the Remembering the First and Second World War as an example of colonialism. The end of the Second War paved the way for the Liberation of most British and French Colonies. For example The Ghana's Liberation for Independence was first orchestrated by Ex-Servicemen who fought for the British West Africa Frontier Force.

More to follow.

Sanusi

abdoukarim sanneh wrote:
My brother thanks for the correction. I will keep remembering April and November especially the dehumamising situation me and Kejau's have lost our high school mates who are butchered by the dictator. I am sorry I think the piece was about brain wash education of the first and second world war. Thanks for your observation.

Sanusi Owens wrote:Mr Sanneh

Kejau's piece relates to those who were murdered by the AFPRC regime.

Regards

Sanusi

abdoukarim sanneh wrote:
Remembranes day is a show case example colonialism and imperialism which is still dehumanising our continent. It is not a cause to celebrate. As Noam Chomsky mentioned in the year 501. Rememberarce day was the begining of the wretched condition of our continent.It is only people with brain wash education who will remember first and second as something good for our continent. Our people where force into the war which was only to defence imperial domination of our continent. It was after the war that Pan African movement understand the comtemporary realities. For many apart from Gambia the stuggle for self determination become bloody.

Kejau Touray wrote:As another remembrance Sunday rolls in, we cannot help but remind our
folks to remember those who gave their lives for our freedom. From World
War 2 to date, Gambians have given their lives so the rest of us can live
in freedom and prosperity.
The Gambian contingent in Burma were known for their bravery and
discipline against the Imperial Japanese army. Their commanding office
choosed to be buried in Banjul Cemetery, almost half a century after the
Great War.
We cannot choose to forget either the sacrifice that Gambians make
everyday in the face of Yaya. From the first day, Gambian have been
incarcerated, and on the 11 November 1994, more than 11 Gambian officers
and men were cold blooded shot in Bakau, Yundum and at Salaji forest. We
cannot choose to forget either the unarmed school children gunned down in
broad day light all around Gambia. Lest we forget! For they shall not grow
old, as we do, nor shall they die and wither like the rest of us, their
memories shall be cherished in our memories, and at each rise of the sun,
we shall remember them.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい